Chapter 2 "Helping Out":

Gabe's POV:
After leaving the house for Kenny to babysit the kids, Clem and I walked over to the greenhouse to help Kate plant crops like she asked us to do yesterday while we were holding hands. We walked in to see Kate planting seeds into the soil. "Oh good morning guys." Kate said turning her around to notice us. "Morning Kate. We are here on time. Like you asked." Clem replied. "Yes you sure did. But Gabe, Eleanor told me that she needs help organizing supplies and medicine. Could you please give her a hand?" She asked me. "Uh yeah sure no problem." I responded as she smiled and said back, "Thank you. That would help out a lot." "Ok then I'll see you later then baby. I love you sugartits." I told Clem as I kissed her on the cheek. "You just have to make everything weird don't you?" She asks playfully raising an eyebrow as I just jokingly shrugged. "And I love you too, dork. See you later babe." She then said as she kissed me on the cheek as well. We then waved each other goodbye before I left to go help Eleanor with the supplies.
Clem's POV:
"Ok let's get to work on these stems. They won't just trim themselves." Kate said as I put on rubber gloves and picked up a pair of weed cutters. "Ok just put the stems in the basket so we can take them out for composting." She said as I began to cut the stems off the branches of our blueberry and raspberry plants. I then started to have flashbacks of when I was just 11 years old and Sarah and I had to do the same thing for Reggie in Carver's camp. I miss her some of these days. Even if she was a bit annoying at times. I mean Gabe was like that too but look at him now. He's my husband and the father of our baby and AJ. "So what's on your mind, Clementine?" Kate said interrupting my thoughts. "Oh nothing really. I'm just thinking of some random stuff. Nothing important." I lied to her as she nodded and said, "Ok."
"You know, it's adorable." She says as I just looked at her confused. "What is?" I ask. "The two of you. You and Gabe. It's so easy to see that you two are truly in love." She said as I then smiled. "Yeah I really love that dork. So fucking much." I replied. "I know you do, sweetie. Trust me, I have never seen a couple more in love than you too. And that's the honest truth. And I know that nothing will ever tear you two apart." She said as I felt joy from her words. I then stopped working and just gave her a friendly hug. She hugged back as after a while we let go of each other. "I'm proud to call you my daughter in law." She said as I felt honored. "And I'm happy to call you my mother in law." I replied as we shared a quick smile and then continued to our work with our smiles still there.
Gabe's POV:
I approached Eleanor who was with Marlon and Violet as they were organizing the supplies that were just brought in. "Oh hey guys. Kate said you might need my help organizing some supplies." I said as they turned around to face me. "Not really, I think we are all good. But Gabe can I talk to you for a second?" Violet asked as her question took me off guard. "Uh... sure I guess." I responded as she then turned back to Eleanor. "Hey El, can I take a break?" She asked as Eleanor responded, "Sure. I think Marlon and I can finish this." Violet and I then walked off and sat on the bench across from the garage that Eleanor and Marlon were in. I was a little surprised to have Violet want to talk to me since we don't interact all that often except for maybe a few times. And it seemed urgent as well.
"So what's up Violet? How are things with Marlon?" I asked her. "Oh great. I really do love him, Gabriel. He truly is something." She said as she kept staring at Marlon with a happy but worried face. "And how are you and Clem? And how's my little niece?" She asked as I sighed with joy. "Everything's just... Perfect. I love my family to death." I respond as she smiles at me and I smiled back. "Yeah you two do make a damn cute couple that's for sure." She said as I just replied. "Yes. Yes we do." After that there was an awkward silence for a while. It was a little weird but I let it play out not to seem rude. Although there was something about Violet that didn't seem right. But I didn't know what it was.
"Hey Gabe, can I... ask you a question?" She said stuttering. "Yeah sure Violet. What is it?" I asked back. "What was it like? When Mari was born I mean." She said as I began remembering the day my little princes was born into the world. "Violet, it was the most beautiful moment of my life. To hold my baby girl in my arms for the first time changed my entire life for the better. I have never felt a bigger urge to love something, take care of something, and protect something like I did her." I answered. "Why do you ask?" I then asked her as she had a scared and embarrassed look now. "Can you keep a secret?" She then asked as I just nodded my head. "I'm... I'm pregnant. With Marlon's baby." She said as I was in complete and utter shock. "Really?! We have you told Marlon yet?" I asked her. "No I'm too scared too. No one can know right now and you can't tell anyone." She said nervously. "Wait I can't even tell Clem?! We are always honest with each other and never keep secrets from each other." I told her as she sighed angrily. "Fine if that's the case, you can tell Clem. But I'm only 3 weeks in and no one else can know." She said as we then saw Clem walk over.
"Oh hi baby. I just finished up with Kate and thought I'd drop by to see how you were." Clem said coming over to us and sitting next to me. "Well apparently Eleanor didn't need any help so I've just been talking here with Violet for a while." I told her. "Oh OK. Well it's still early. Want to do something else? I mean Kenny said he'll watch the kids for a little longer." She asked me as I became excited. "Yeah I'm down. What do you have in mind?" I asked her and she had a maniacal ya overjoyed grin. "Oh you'll see, dork. You'll see." She said as I got up off the bench and held her hand. "Then let's go beautiful. Lead the way." I said a She then began to take me to the place. "See you later Violet." I said as she just waved and I waved back. Clem and I then began to head off to have a little "Us Time".