Chapter 6 "Midnight Attack":

Clem's POV:
I woke up to the sound of branches breaking as I started to get really worried. "Gabe? Gabe?!" I whispered to him as he was sound asleep with a huge smile on his face. God he looked so adorable when he slept but I needed him to wake up. "Gabe, wake up." I whispered again as I shook him. He then began to open his eyes and sigh in disappointment. "Aww come on, baby. Why did you wake me up? I was having the greatest dream ever." He said is I just rolled my eyes at him. "Oh really? What was it about?" I then asked him avoiding the situation at hand for a moment. "It was us and the kids in a world without the muertos just being a normal family." He says as I felt touched. "Awww Gabe that sounds so cute. I wish that dream was real." I responded to him as he smiled and said, "I wish that it was too, Honey."
"But I woke you up for a reason. I heard noises coming from near our campsite." I told him as he rubbed his eyes and sat up with me. "Oh shit , really?!" He asked as I nodded nervously. "Where did you hear the noise come from exactly?" He asked another question. "I don't know I just heard it from outside." I responded. "Well stay here I'll go see what it...." He said up Neil we heard a gunshot go off followed by other gunshots. "Fuck!!!" We both yelled as we ran out of our tent to see Kenny and Kate in a firefight with some masked people. They weren't the ones from Alexandria, they were different. Instead of masks that covered their whole face, they had skee masks and bulletproof jackets instead of armor. "Kids get the fuck over here and out of the crossfire!!! We need your help!!!" Kenny yelled out as we made a beeline towards him and the others. We hid behind the barricade they made in case of an attack and began to fire our weapons at the masked men as they barely hit any of them as they then began to all run away. "Oh no you don't scumbags!!!" Gabe yelled out a he jumped over the barricade. "Gabe, where are you going?!" I asked him in distress. "I'm goin to make sure they don't come back and bother us again. Clem, you stay here and watch the kids while I take care of it, ok?" He asked me. I reluctantly agreed as Gabe gave me a kiss on the cheek, said, "I love you, baby.", and left to fight off those masked bandits.
Gabe's POV:
I ran off into the woods alone to finish off those fucking bastards. It made me feel a little uncomfortable leaving my family but I knew I didn't have much of a choice. As I was running however I felt footsteps running from behind me as well. I quickly turned around to see Clem running behind me as I then stopped. "Honey, what the hell are you doing here?! I told you to stay with the kids." I told her sounding upset but not angry. "You thought I was gonna miss a fight and have babysitting duty? We have Kenny for that. That's why I had him do it for me." She joked but I didn't laugh due to my concern for her safety. "But Clem, what if you get hurt? If something happened to you or our kids, I just couldn't live with myself." I told her as I then felt her hand caress my cheek. "Gabe I love you and I will always be by your side. For better or worse remember? We fight them together and go back home to our kids. And besides think of this as payback when you didn't listen to me and followed me when I was going to Sanctuary alone." She said as I just scuffed playfully. "Ok then let's not waste another second and go get those fuckers." I said as Clem smiled and we continued running towards the masked guys.
We reached the masked men who were almost to their car. "STOP!!!!" We yelled out as we had our guns set them. Surprisingly they put their hands up in surrender as one of them said, "Please guys. You don't have to do this." "What do you mean us? You came into our camp and fired on us." Clem responded as we moved closer to them. "We didn't mean to try and hurt you guys. We just saw your campfire and thought you guys could use some help." The man said as Clem and I had a very hard time believing him. "Bullshit!! Then why did you open fire on us?!" I asked them. "Look we didn't start firing until one of your people did. The old guy with the beard." He said as hearing that Kenny opened fire without question did sound believable. "Yeah that does sound like Kenny. He is a shoot first ask questions late kind of guy. But how do we know we can trust you?" Clem then asked him as a third guy with only one arm came from the other side of the truck. "Ok everything is secu.... Clementine?! Gabe?! Is that really you?!" The man asked us as I was all confused as hell. "Yeah those are our names and who the hell are you?!" Clem asked him as he removed his mask and dropped it on the ground. We then both gasped and lowered our weapons at the sight of who it was. It was Tripp.
"Tripp?! But how?" I asked him as Clem and I were still in complete shock. "Well when I fell off the balcony I caught myself as the walkers fell off me like rain off of a coat. Anyways I'm happy to see you guys." He said as one of the other men said, "I knew I recognized those kids from somewhere." He then threw off his mask to reveal that it was Jesus. "Jesu?!" We alley out again even more shocked then before. "Hey there kids. It good to see ya again." He said as we put our guns back in our holsters. "By god is it good to see you guys too." I said as we walked up to them and shook their hands. "Well I guess if everyone is removing their mask then I should as well." The guy we were talking to earlier said as he removed his mask and we didn't recognize who he was. "Hello there. My name is Wade Reynolds. It's nice to meet you two." He said reaching out his hand as I took it and shook his hand. "It's nice to meet you. Sorry about us getting off on the wrong foot back there." I apologized as he said, "Hey it's OK man. We all make mistakes." "So you guys seem to be stranded out here." Jesus said folding his arms as we shrugged and Clem said, "Yeah well we lost our home to bandits and have been out here for a week." "Well you should come back to our community, "The Safe Haven. It's got food, water, supplies, everything you guys probably need." Tripp offered us. "That actually sounds good. Great even." I said. "Then it's settled you all can come with us back to our community. Now let's go get the others." Wade said as we nodded and followed them back to our camp.