MakoHaru (Angst Poem & One Shot)

Haru, are you in love with Rin?

It's like you took my heart and threw it away in the trash bin.

Now that Rin has your heart, what do I do?

Wasn't it easy to realize my love for you since I always wear my heart on the top of my shoe?

Makoto sighs as he folds up the paper he had written the poem on. Putting the poem in his pocket, he stands up from his desk, and walks out of the classroom. Walking to the locker rooms, Makoto takes the folded up poem out of his pocket, squeezing the paper into the about two to three inch slit of Haru's locker. he lingers for a few moments before walking away.

Haru:

To tell you the truth, Makoto, I am in love with Rin.

Honestly, I'm the happiest I've ever been.

That doesn't mean I don't love you as a very good friend.

Since you've been here with me till the end.

I'm sorry to say this, but it's true.

The one I'm in love with isn't you.

Haru caps the pen and puts it back in his bag. He folds the paper back up, and stands up. Grabbing his bag and throwing it over his shoulder, he strides into the locker rooms. Carefully sliding the folded paper into the gap of Makoto's locker, he bites down softly on his lip before turning to go. He doesn't look back.

Rin:

Listen, Tachibana, I know how you feel.

The emotion that you feel when the pain finally becomes real.

This emotion is jealousy, and I've felt it before.

Every time I saw Haru with you, my heart tore.

I figured you might feel the same way.

And, for a while, this jealousy you feel might stay.

But before I go, I want you to know,

That you will find someone else to love.

Perhaps someone that seems like they came from up above.

Rin folds up the piece of paper, putting away his red pen. He gets up, finding his younger sister, Gou, waiting for him at the gates of Samezuka. He hands the folded paper to her, and she already knows who to give it to.

An hour or so later, Gou heads over to Makoto's house and knocks on the door. Luckily, it's Makoto who opens the door. "Kou? What are you doing here?" He asks, looking at her in confusion. "My brother want you to read this. And, listen, go easy on him and be thoughtful when you read this, OK? He means every single word and his intentions aren't to upset you in any way possible," Gou's expression was serious, as she cares a lot about her older brother.

Makoto smiles down at the younger Matsuoka. "Sure thing, Kou. I know Rin has the best intentions. Honestly, I'm not mad at him. Nor am I mad at Haru. I still consider both of them good friends of mine, so there's no need to worry," His eyes close as he continues to smile. "Thanks, Makoto! You're the best!" Gou grins, winking as she leaves. Makoto chuckles before walking into his house and closing the door.

Walking up to his room, he reads Rin's note and silently sobs, covering his mouth with his hand. "Jeez, Rin...you're going to kill me with your kindness..." He laughs through his tears as he hugs the note to his chest.