Incomplete [RinHaru SongFic]

{WARNING: A bit of attempted self harm.}

Empty spaces fill me up with hopes.
Distant faces with no place left to go.

Matsuoka Rin didn't know what do to. He had gotten him to move to Australia with him, but something happened and he told him he wanted to break up, and moved back to Japan. Rin couldn't understand why he was still like this, despite having been in that relationship. To be frank, all of this made his ego and confidence plummet to the very core of the Earth. He hated this. He felt alone, like no one wanted him. He was even scared. He didn't know what to do.

Without you within me I can't find no rest.
Where I'm going is anybody's guess.

Nanase Haruka was, to be honest, quite frustrated. Why was he trying to come onto him so much lately? Yeah, he could've asked the red-haired swimmer instead of telling him that he wanted to break up, and moving back to Japan, but...he was just too angry at the time. He began to wonder if he was even worthy of his love. And, did he love him as much as he did? Haruka felt so strongly for Rin, it sometimes surprised him. He didn't know why he didn't want to do those kind of things with Rin. In all honesty, he really wanted to, but something inside of him told him it was too early. It practically made him cry, he wanted to do it so bad. He *had* to tell Rin this. He had no choice but to tell him. He had to fix this. He hasn't even gotten one night of sleep. He missed Rin too much. He entered an alleyway and dialed Rin's cell number. He heard Rin's voice for the first time in forever. All he had to say was, "Hello?", and Haruka just bursts out crying, practically sobbing his eyes out.

I tried to go on like I never knew you.
I'm awake but my world is half asleep.

Rin was freaking out. For Haruka, his now ex boyfriend, to call him during a fight, something *had* to be wrong. "What is it, Nanase? Tell me, what's wrong?" He asked, almost shouting. "Rin, I... I can't do this anymore...!! I tried to move on, act like we've never met, that we never even dated... But, I couldn't do it! My body doesn't want me to go further with you; I do, but it doesn't want me to!! Please, Rin, forgive me! If not, then..." Rin could hear some shuffling from the other end of the line. "Dammit, Nanase, get that knife away from your wrist!! Hell, toss it somewhere far away! Never touch it ever again!!" Now it was Rin's turn to cry, tears streaming endlessly down his face.

"Rin, it's like... I'm not even here... Like I don't even exist..." Haruka sobbed out, having dropped the sharp knife that was just about to tear into his skin. "Dammit, Nanase, I'm on my way there!! Do not move a muscle unless I tell you to!" Rin yelled into the phone, causing Haruka to slightly flinch. "O-okay... I'll be waiting... Rin..." Haruka's sniffles could be heard by the red-eyed man. He hung up the phone, turning on the device he bought to track down Haruka if he ever needed to. Haruka dried his tears, knowing Rin was coming for him. He made sure to watch his surroundings, in case anyone were to molest him again. He certainly didn't want to do that again. He hated that. The man's body presses up against his felt absolutely disgusting; nothing like Rin's.

'I'm coming for you, Nanase! Just wait for me!' Rin said in his mind. He loved Haruka to death. He wouldn't trade him for anything. He really regretting treating Haruka the way he did. He also didn't want either of their hearts to be broken, so he was going to do exactly what should be done. As he got onto the plane to Japan, Rin felt absolute terror run through his veins. What if Haruka became vulnerable again? What if, because of that, Haruka got molested again? What if he found someone better than Rin? All these questions swam through Rin's mind, as he clutched tightly onto the small box in his pocket.

Rin felt like nothing without Haruka. Haruka was his everything. He was the reason Rin was still breathing, the reason he's been so happy these days. That's why this fight between them really got to him; he loved Haruka so much, he couldn't stand it. Voices tell me I should carry on.
But I am swimming in an ocean all alone.

Haruka ran his hands up and down his arms. Ever since the fight between him and Rin, he felt like he did before they started dating. Like he was swimming, but he felt so alone and scared. He didn't know that Rin would be the one to save him.

He would occasionally hear this strange voice in his head, telling him to move on from Rin. That Rin didn't deserve him. It almost made Haruka want to cry. He wanted to be with Rin, he really did. He needed to get this stupid voice out of his head, and out for good. Baby, my baby, it's written on your face
You still wonder if we made a big mistake

"Rin, don't you still wonder if we made a huge mistake?" Haruka asked Rin, looking into his eyes. "Yeah, I do... If only I didn't come onto you like I did, then, this wouldn't have happened..." Now it was Rin's turn to cry, as a single tear strolled down his face.

"I knew it, Rin. It's written all over your face..." Haruka presses his forehead and nose against Rin's, cupping his face in his hands. "Don't worry. Part of it was my fault, too. I should've let you touch me like that. To be honest, I actually wanted you to, but I was a bit scared, you know?" Haruka explained. "Don't blame yourself, Haru. It's alright," Rin smiled at him.

I don't mean to drag it on
But I can't seem to let you go
I don't want to make you face this world alone
I want to let you go

"I don't mean to make this go on and on, but... I really am sorry, Haru. I feel terrible..." Rin says, head hanging down. "I just...can't seem to let you go. I don't want to make you face this world alone," Haruka's eyes widened as Rin said this. "Ha... During the beginning of our fight, I wanted to let you go, but... I came to realize how much I needed you. How much I wanted you back into my life," Haruka raked a hand through his soft, jet black tresses.

"My heart has finally been healed. I'm no longer incomplete, Rin. I have you," was the last thing Nanase Haruka said before leaning in and passionately yet hungrily kissing his boyfriends lips, tongues dancing together like leaves in the wind during a nice Autumn day. Rin pulled away, leaning his forehead against Haruka's. Haruka intertwined his fingers with Rin's. The red-haired swimmer started speaking, "Marry me, Nanase Haruka," he stared into his eyes, as he pulled out the velvet box from his pocket and opened it. Haruka's eyes widened as he stared at Rin with his ocean blue orbs. But, he broke into a happy but teary smile as he nodded his head over and over before smashing his lips onto Rin's once more.