Heart Attack (RinHaru SongFic)

(This story includes the RinHaru mpreg AU and is a special gift to the best Haru cosplayer.)

Putting my defenses up

'Cause I don't wanna fall in love

If I ever did that,

I think I'd have a heart attack

Matsuoka Rin knew he shouldn't fall for his childhood friend, Nanase Haruka. But, he couldn't exactly help it.  Haruka was, in fact, one of the most popular, good looking students in Iwatobi High School. He was a Free Style only swimmer. His way of swimming was very elegant in Rin's eyes. He could watch Haru swim for hours. Rin knew he was in trouble.

Never put my love out on the line

Never said "Yes" to the right guy

Never had trouble getting what I want

But when it comes to you I'm never good enough

Previously, three of Rin's good friends had asked him out; Yamazaki Sousuke, Shigino Kisumi, and Mikoshiba Seijuro. The Free Style and Butterfly Style swimmer refused all three of the equally handsome men who had feelings for him.  He's been waiting for that perfect man to come along. Which is no doubt his current muse, Haru. Usually, males and females both throw themselves at Rin left and right. He hasn't had any trouble. Haru was a different story. The first and only time Rin asked Haru out, he refused, but continued to tempt Rin. "I'm never good enough for you, Haru. What do I have to do to make you fall in love with me?" he would ask the jet black haired swimmer.

When I don't care

I can play 'em like a Ken doll

Won't wash my hair

Then make 'em bounce like a basketball

There was at least one day a week where Rin could wrap Haru around his finger for the entire day. Those days, for him, were something to look forward to. He would be the one tempting Haru with his body, teasing him and making him beg for more of his body. Rin knew he could make Haru feel better than he would feel in Heaven, and he wanted to prove that to him. he thought that the more Haru saw of him this way, the more Haru would start to fall for him. And, currently, his plan was working. Without a doubt.

But you

Make me wanna act like a girl

Painting my nails and wear perfume

Yes, you

Makes me so nervous that I just can't hold your hand

Having finally fallen in love with Rin, Haru drove him crazy. But in a different way this time. Rin wanted to be the best boyfriend he could to Haru, and treat him like the Prince he seems like he is. Rin made extra efforts to make Haru happy or to impress him. He stayed after school nd practiced his swimming until he was practically dragging himself out of the pool. If Rin wasn't nervous before, he's definitely nervous now. He couldn't even hold Haru's hand, he was so nervous.

You make me glow

But I cover up

Won't let it show

Everyone could notice something different about Rin. They just couldn't put their finger on what it was. Some people had asked if Rin had gotten a new girlfriend or something. To which, he just casually brushed it off. He didn't know exactly why, but he didn't want it getting out that him and Haru were dating. Was it because it was embarrassing? Did he think Makoto would be mad at him?

Never break a sweat for the other guys

When you come around, I get paralyzed

And every time I try to be myself

It comes out wrong like a cry for help

Others who tried to flirt or get in Rin's pants didn't really mean anything to him. Their attempts at flirting would come in one ear and come out the next. Haru would be there for it sometimes, and start to feel jealous, but then he'd see Rin not even paying attention, and he'd smile softly. He would come over and hug Rin once he was alone, and Rin would freeze. This freezing wasn't a bad thing, fortunately. He just loves Haru so much, and still gets nervous around him. He tries to tell Haru exactly how he feels, but every time he tries, he slips up. Haru would chuckle softly, a sound that's like music to Rin's ears.

It's just not fair

Brings more trouble than it all is worth

I gasp for air

It feels so good, but you know it hurts

Rin had a feeling that a few people know of his relationship with Haru. And, honestly, he was a bit scared. What if they know were dating? What if everyone finds out? What will my friends and the Iwatobi Swim Club think? These were questions swimming through Rin's head. Fortunately, Rin's younger sister, Matsuoka Gou, was supportive of them being together, and swore she wouldn't tell anyone. Rin needed to look on the bright side of things. He loves Haru with every fiber of his being. Haru feels the same way. He loved being is a relationship with Haru. He couldn't be happier.

The feelings got lost in my lungs

They're burning, I'd rather be numb

And there's no one else to blame

So scared I take off and I  run

I am flying too close to the sun

And I burst into flames

That nagging feeling inside of Rin had slowing started to fade, and soon, he felt happier than ever. He started to not care what people thought anymore. He loves Haru, and Haru loves him. That's all that really matters. He used to be scared. He loves Haru so much, he wants everything to be perfect. And, that's exactly how things are. Especially with the baby on the way.