Called Up

Sarge, Grif, Zone, and Caboose are beside the temple's entrance, shooting at whoever is approaching them. Zone scores a couple of headshots with his Carbine. Tucker runs in the temple. 

"Guys, hold them off! I'll get the door!" Tucker pulls down a switch and the Reds and Caboose run in before the door shuts. 

"There!" Tucker walks over to the group. 

"Tucker!" 

"Hey, Caboose." 

"Oh, hey look, it's that guy." Grif says unenthusiastically. 

"You brought these guys? Are we killin' each other today? Or pretending to work together?" 

"Uh, the pretending version." 

"Oh, okay, cool." Tucker sheathes his sword and pulls out his rifle. "Hey dudes, what's up? How'd y'all find me?" 

"We got that radio call you sent." Sarge answers. 

"The distress signal? And they sent you morons? That was to help me! I wanted less distress, not more distress.

"Uh, actually we kind of ignored that call at first." Grif says. 

"That makes sense." 

"Then Donut showed up and told us you were in trouble." 

"Ohh, I get it. So me making an emergency radio call, not a big deal. Donut telling you some dumb homo story, red alert!" 

"Pretty much." 

"So where's everyone else?" 

"What do you mean?" Caboose asks. 

"The rest of the people who are gonna help me fight these guys off." There was a long silence before Tucker continued. "You didn't bring any other soldiers, did you?" 

"Oh, um, that depends. Um, by other soldiers, did you mean people...other than us?"  

"Yes, I do." 

"Then, no." Caboose verifies. 

"Relax Blue! We got Rex here to help beat the crap out of these guys! We'll be fine!" Sarge says gesturing at Zone. 

"Rex? Is that your first name or your last?" Tucker asks. 

[First, and only dad calls me Rex. You can call me Zone.] 

"WHAT?! Wait wait wait! Hold the freaking phone! You mean to tell me Sarge is your dad? And what kind of a name is Zone?" 

[It's short for Arizona. I'm a Freelancer.] Tucker aims his weapon at him. 

"No Tucker! Zone is good! He is with us!" Caboose then stands in front of Zone. Tucker groans before lowering his weapon. 

"Fine, but don't pull any crap. Already had enough Freelancer stuff going on over the years." 

"Yeah well don't think it was pony ride for us either pal!" Xi says appearing. Tucker raises his weapon again. 

"Geez! What is that?" 

[This is Xi. She's my AI.] 

"Is she anything like O'Malley?" 

"I am nothing like Omega! He is a murdering monster!" 

"Whatever." Tucker grumbles. 

"So what's going on here?" Sarge asks. 

"Uh, it's kind of hard to explain. They think there's some kind of artifact here. Some massive weapon built a long time ago."