Day Out

As the morning sun poured in through Raph's slightly parted curtains the young prince was happy to get up early for the first time in his life. He quickly dashed to his closet and dressed in his most common clothes from back when was a still a commoner.

A loose fitting deep red shirt with black cloth pants and dark brown leather boots. He left his crown behind, not that he wore it that much anyway. After getting dressed he quickly ran to the kitchen.

He was greeted by the cooks and servants as he made his way to the head chef and one of his closest friend, Michelangelo or just Mikey for short. He was physically the smallest of all of Raphael's friends and he as the least mature.

Mikey was easily distracted and enthusiastic about... well, pretty much everything. He was also extremely creative. He had a thousand ideas and every now and then one of them will be brilliant.

This combination of creativity and lack of focus gave him a kind of unique 'flow' that the others couldn't match. He was a social mutant turtle with a light green, pudgy body, innocent baby blue eyes and freckles.

"What up bra?" He cheered when he saw Raph.

"Hey Mikey, listen, I need something for a picnic. It's for me and Leo." Raph quickly said.

"Who's Leo?" The younger turtle asked innocently and Raph groaned.

"Princess Leona of the Cloud Empire." He replied.

"Dude! I hear she's totally gorgeous and really sweet, good going bro." Mikey laughed as he went to grab a picnic basket from the back. He growled with a sudden, unexpected protectiveness of Leo.

Just then Mikey came back with a full basket and a picnic blanket over it.

"OK bro, I've put in some fresh spring rolls, strawberry mango mesclun salad, red wine and glasses, pesto pasta caprese salad, mendocino chicken salad, lemon brownies and chocolate truffle cookies. Also, since she's from the Cloud Empire, I put some sushi and miso soup in there." Mikey grinned.

"Thanks Mikey, I'll see ya later."...

******

Leona yawned as she sat up and stretched. She looked to her window and saw April O'Neil pulling the curtains open. The princess smiled at her lady-in-waiting/best friend. She had told the human about her plans to meet with Raphael.

She trusted April with her life.

"Good morning Leo." She smiled as the princess stood up. "I have the clothes you requested." She added and helped the turtle get dressed.

Leo smiled as she looked herself over in a mirror. The dress was a nice, common, dark blue dirndl, but with a longer skirt than that of a normal dirndl. The dress consisted of a black corset top laced with a blue ribbon.

She had removed all her makeup and jewellery as to not arouse suspicion and April handed her a white milk maid's hat.

"I can't thank you enough for this April, I know you're scared of my father finding out." She soothed as she pulled her best friend into a hug to ease the human's terror.

"J-Just please come back before he finds out." She pleaded and Leo gave her a small smile before leaving...

******

"Whoa, ya cleaned nicely." Raph grinned when he saw the princess in disguise. He was holding the picnic basket in one hand and a soft, newly bloomed white rose in the other. She smiled back and they started walking towards the village.

"Thank you, you don't look so bad yourself." She said and he suddenly handed her the rose. "Oh thank you Raph." She blushed as she gave the rose a little sniff.