Chapter 1: You Find This Funny, Mr. Shore?

In the criminal justice system, sexually based offenses are considered especially heinous. In New York City, the dedicated detectives who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as the Special Victims Unit. These are their stories.

*Dun dun*

"Just so we're clear Carisi, we're only here to meet Mr. Alan Shore. We can't ruffle any feathers in Boston." 

Dominick Carisi nods and opens the door to let me in the firm. Myself and Carisi sit in the lobby and look around for the well known Boston lawyer. 

I thrum my fingers nervously on the brown leather of my briefcase before I glanced at the clock by the huge sign Crane, Poole, and Schmidt  

10 AM

I sighed and moved my bangs away from my face as I looked around for the lawyer I was supposed to meet. I immediately saw an older man I recognized. "Excuse me?"

"Denny, who is that?" he raised his eyebrow in suspicion. I held out my hand "Sir, Melissa Benson. I'm looking for Mr. Alan Shore because of Elizabeth Keen." 

 "You found him." A man with a smooth and deep voice replied. Carisi and I approached the man wearing a black suit and light blue tie. 

 "Alan Shore." I gladly shook his hand. A small smile tugged at his lips "I've heard quite a lot about you, Miss Benson, I surely can't say those kind of words to anyone." 

I chuckled a bit and slightly shake my head. "I can say the same thing about you, Mr. Shore." this earns me a smile from him "What a pleasure to meet you, Miss Benson." he turned and looked at Carisi 

"You I don't know." My partner nodded "Dominick Carisi. I'm here with Lieu." Shore tilted his head and smiled slightly.

 "Lu?"

I sighed "Lieutenant Melissa Benson." 

 Mr. Shore grinned and turned to the older man "Denny, will you excuse us for a moment? Miss Benson and I have serious business to attend to." Mr. Crane nodded and left us alone. Shore led me to the corridor toward the conference room.

I entered the room and placed my briefcase down on the table and sat in one of the cozy chairs. I open the briefcase and look through the files "I think it's quite obvious that Agent Keen is guilty." I lean back in the chair. "So, Mr. Shore, the only question is, how long will she stay in confinement?"

Alan Shore's quiet chuckling interrupts me, I look up at him. He points his index finger at me "That's a good joke." he laughs, shaking his head as he unbuttoned his suit and sits down across from me "And I always thought humor was my strongest suit."

I cocked my head and stare right into Shore's blue grayish eyes  "I'm sorry sir, but I fail to see what's so amusing here. I was being serious." Carisi nodded "Yeah uh, Lieu doesn't really joke around much. I don't get the joke here either." Alan Shore stops laughing and his blue grayish eyes stare directly into mine.

I clear my throat "Mr. Shore, this agent has killed the attorney general of the United States, there's no way she can't face prison time, or worse, the death penalty!"

 "Miss Benson." the defender said and stood up, buttoning his jacket back up. "Agent Keen was framed. And her asset will tell you exactly that." I huff "You have no proof of who framed this woman." 

"No," he chuckled "but her asset does."

 I open my mouth to protest, but Shore cuts me off "You were right." he laughs, then slightly nods "I do find this highly amusing. I'll see you in the courtroom, Miss Benson." he opened the door, showing me the way out. I immediately understand this gesture. Most people have wanted to get rid of me like that. I close my briefcase and stand up, then walk past the Boston lawyer "See you in court, Mr. Shore."

I walk inside the elevator, getting annoyed that it won't close. An angelic voice interrupts "If I may, those buttons are sensitive." I raise my head and see a young woman smiling "If you want my advice, try pressing it gently." I smile back at her and nod.

I head down the stairs and I see a black SUV. FBI maybe? I thought. 

Soon a man with cropped blonde hair came towards the car, he paused as his phone rang "Ressler. Understood, on my way Sir."

 I walk towards his direction and accidentally bump into him "Oh! Sorry!" he smiles "It's okay. Special Agent Donald Ressler, FBI." Yup, I was right.   

I nodded "Melissa Benson. N-Nice to meet you, A-Agent Ressler." he nodded "Well Miss Benson, I'd love to chat more, but I gotta go."

Wow. He makes me speechless. There's never been a man that's made Melissa Benson speechless.

Carisi chuckled a bit "Lieu! Let's go."