Chapter 6: Plight

Just what she needed. The problem. Of all things Sonic was the one that had to appear before her. Amy stopped and tried her hardest to face the echoes of his voice. With all the other echoes coming from other mouths it was a bit hard to tell where he was coming from.

Sonic walked up to her ignoring the surprised looks coming from the students. "What happened to you?" He asked concern yet calm.

You happened. "I-I fell."

He moved her hand from the injury that she immediately covered when he called her name. Sonic lifted her head up by putting his thumb on the side of her chin and he began to examine. Amy could feel him inspecting her open cut.

"You fell," Sonic repeated.

She was mentally hitting herself in the head, asking herself why she just lied. First to Cream and now to him. Another thought came. She shouldn't care about lying to him. He deserved to be lied to, she thought angrily. He was the source of all this. Still, it stung. She wasn't use to thinking in such unthoughtful ways.

"I did not have my cane. I wanted to walk without it." She muttered.

Sonic inspected the injury closely and Amy slowly blushed the longer it took. He held the tip of her chin so softly and carefully it felt nice. That was until he accidently touched a spot that hurt her on the peeling part of her injury. Amy's eyes went round wincing and she backed away. She could hear the soft gasping from the voices of girls. She blushed lightly feeling embarrassed.

Girls stared at Amy with envy. Amy couldn't see it but she felt it. Sonic didn't pay attention them. He focused on her cut and noticed it wasn't a big cut. Only thing was it had blood all around her hands and chin because she hadn't wiped it. Sonic grabbed her hand. "I'll take you to the restroom." He offered.

"N-n-no, S-S-Sonic I-I have got it, really," She stammered. If Sally saw her with Sonic again, she'd probably be thrown off the roof next time, buy Amy had no other choice. Sonic had picked her up. At that moment the bell rang and her mind blacked out for a second but then she noticed the wind brushing her hair. She was in Sonic's arms being rushed through the hallways. Amy quickly held on to Sonic's neck to brace herself.

"Stop," She managed to get out.

Sonic looked down at her and screeched to a stop in front of the restroom. "What?"

Amy wiggled out of his arms and he placed her down. She staggered, her hands searching for a wall, but she was heading the wrong direction. She was heading for the men's restroom. Sonic went in front of her. "Amy, relax," he held her shoulders and pushed her lightly backwards. "You're going into the men's room," He raised his eyebrows archly with a chuckle.

"Please, I can do it myself." She insisted pushing his hands off her shoulders.

Sonic mischievously smirked and backed away from her. "Ok," He said.

Amy reached out for a wall. She found one and used her hands to find the board that tells whether it's the men's or the women's restroom. She found it. She read the braille that it had and it said women's restroom. She did it.

"See Sonic," She proudly claimed, but there was no response what-so-ever. Amy didn't feel anything around her. Maybe he left. She shrugged her shoulders. If he had left, the better. She didn't want to be caught with him anyway. Only, a small part of her felt upset he left, but she shrugged off that part.

She entered to wash her face with the water from the sink, cleaning her cut from any bacteria. She dusted her knees off and her clothes hoping she'd taken away every inch of dirt off her. She didn't want to enter class dirty.