Chapter 7

Unknown POV

They have her. Phillip J. Coulson has her. I don't care what she is... they won't take her. My men have gone after them. I won't let them corrupt her...

Quinn's POV

Agent Coulson has been acting strange. I've been on the S.H.I.E.L.D. base about a week. They've been working on their "secret operation." I still don't know exactly what they're doing. There have been a lot of android robot things. It's been rather freaky.

I can't hear them. I can't use my gift to hear them. They know how to block me. I hate it. I want to know what's going on. There's something they won't tell me.

They are currently after an exploding inhuman that killed Senator Nadeer. Quake, who I now know as Agent Daisy Johnson, has been attempting to find a way to not allow this guy to explode. So far, she's failed.

Coulson has now declared that we need to go now. We fly out on Zephyr One towards where the inhuman is. When we reach the location, we see him. He's rather scruffy looking. I've been told he's very dangerous. Coulson said I'm plan b if Daisy can't handle him.

After several minutes of Daisy continuously "quaking" Shockley, who I now the the inhuman as, and him exploding, we see trucks in the distance. Coulson mentions Russians.

All of a sudden, I see Director Mace heading towards the trucks.

Is he crazy?! What is he doing?!

I don't know what possesses me to run after him, but I do. I can hear Agent Coulson yelling at me, but I don't care. We get closer and closer to the trucks. Then, I feel it. I feel a presence. It's a presence I never thought I'd feel again.

There's no way. It can't be. It's my mind messing with me.

I ignore it and keep going. I reach the trucks and I see Mace surrounded. Then, the unthinkable happens. A man steps out of one of the trucks, and I meet the eyes of a man I haven't seen in ten years...