Ending 4

Valentina's POV

My eyes open. I look around for a few moments. My body is sore. Everything is broken. I can barely move. I look to my side and see the robot lady. I don't exactly remember her name.

She moves to my side. She... smiles. Why? I'm not sure.

"You're awake," is all she says. The smile is still on her face.

"Uh huh," I reply. "Everything hurts, but yeah, I'm awake."

"Well, I promise you, you won't hurt like this for long," she tells me.

I raise an eyebrow in confusion.

"Don't worry," is all she says. "Now please, hold still."

            A few seconds later, I'm unconscious.

I wake up again. I'm in the same spot I was. I still hurt, but not as much. I look down at myself. I see many scabs and bruised. I'm also covered in bandages and wraps. Then, I see that my hand is enclosed in another. I follow the hand up an arm and to a face. I would know this face anywhere. It is the face of my father. I smile.

He looks up and sees my open eyes. His eyes are red and his face tear stained. A smile crosses his face.

"Valentina..." he says. His voice barely holds together. It's on the verge of breaking.

"Papa," I reply.

I gently sit up, and he embraces me. He promises me that I will be fine. I rest my head on his shoulder.

I want to ask why he had no bruises. He's not broken. He had a concrete ceiling collapse on him, but he's fine. Part of me wants to ask. Right now though, I don't really care. I have my papa and he has me. That's all we need in this moment...