Ending 3

Valentina's POV

I wake up feeling numb. I can barely feel anything. I don't even know where I am. My world is so fuzzy. My vision begins to clear, and I begin to feel again. I move my arms and legs slowly. They hurt, but not as bad as I would've thought. Truly, I didn't know if I'd wake up at all.

I look around and finally know where I am... S.H.I.E.L.D.

Why am I back here? Why on earth would they bring me back?

The door to the room opens. Agent Simmons enters the room. Agent Fitz follows close behind. I look at both of them. I no longer see the sweet people that talked to me when I first arrived. I see those who helped the monsters that nearly killed me and...

No! No! Papa! Is my father ok?!

"How are you feeling?" Simmons asks. Her voice soothed me when I first came to S.H.I.E.L.D., but its soothing power is gone now.

"Why should I answer you?" I ask in a harsh tone.

Simmons looks hurt. She hangs her head. It's like reality has set in now.

"Hey!" Fitz says. "You don't get to talk to her like that!"

Now your true colors show.

"And why now?!" I spit back. "You're murderers! All of you! You're terrorists! That's all you've ever been!"

With that, I rise out of the bed and storm out of the room. It doesn't take me long to figure out that we're on Zephyr One.

I have to get out of here.

I can hear Simmons yelling and pleading for me to come back. I take off into a run. I start to look for a way out.

I get a parachute and am prepared to jump out of the plane, but Daisy stands between me and my way out.

"Move... Quake," I tell her sternly.

She says nothing for a few moments. She just looks at me. I can see pity and regret in her eyes.

"Quinn... listen to me..." she says slowly.

"Don't call me Quinn! That's not my name!" I yell at her. "And why should I listen to you! You tried to kill me and my father!"

"Valentina..."

"No! Not another word! Now, get out do my way or I'll deafen you all!!"

She says nothing. She looks up at something behind me.

"Miss Ivanov." I know that voice. I turn to see Agent Coulson. "I'm not going to pretend that we can get you to stay, but at least allow us to land before we release you."

"What?!" Daisy exclaims.

Coulson says nothing. I just stare in shock.

"After all this... you just want to let me go?" I can't help it, I start to laugh. "How hard did I hit my head?"

"I know you think I'm crazy, but I'm offering you a way out," Coulson replies.

Soon enough, we land. Each agent watches me as I exit Zephyr One. Fitz and Simmons both appear as if they could cry. Fitz is attempting to calm Jemma. He holds her and gently strokes her shoulder. It's beautiful in its own way.

I can't help it... before I exit, I run up and hug Fitzsimmons. I never thought I'd miss any of these agents, but I'll miss them. I feel Simmons slip something in my pocket before I pull away.

I walk off the plane and out into the night. I pull out the piece of paper that Jemma put in my pocket. It was a way to contact her. I continue walking. I only know that right now, I have one mission: find my father. I can only pray he's still alive...