T w o

(THERE WILL BE MISTAKES, but I'm sure you'll still enjoy this! Comment/Fan/Vote/ETC)

[Babylon//2]

The speakers blared out a mellow Musiq SoulChild while I pulled gently into the crowded parking-lot. I shook my head slightly, my eyes squinted in discomfort as I looked around for a place to park, It was always like this.

"Good morning!" Sally, an always over zealous co worker exclaimed, she tapped excitedly on my car window. I eased into the tight parking slot, annoyed. My lips curved into my infamous "work" smile that consisted of the fakest expression of happiness known to man.

"Morning girl!" Making an attempt to sound content I grabbed everything I would need for work, in between talking to her I moved out of my car, trying to take my time but failed, my expression was filled with pain.

"What's wrong?," She begin to ramble. "Wow, your hair! You okay? I'll get someone to help!"

"Oh no no no, I got this." My hands ran over the car door handle, I really did consider climbing back into it, and speeding back home, only to lock the door to my bedroom, and never come out again. Sally nodded her head slowly but still kept her eyes on me, making sure I didn't fall as I trudged into the tall building.

My hand ran over my bald head self consciously, I made a mental note to take these heels off once I was in my office, the height and the constant noise they were making brought nothing but displeasure to my sensitive ears.

"Miss. Gardens!" My secretary Milan placed a large cup of hot chocolate into my hand.

"So, you got the email?" An amused expression danced on to my face, we both walked into the direction of my office. As a attorney who handled major and low level cases, my office was on level one.

"Yup! Wait, the list of the certain foods you can eat?" My doctor didn't want me drinking coffee, something about it wasn't good for my bones, since they were still on their way to recovery. I nodded my head in response, stopping her once we were in front of my coffee.

"Please get my files on the cases that I was working before I left.." My eyes wondered across the hall where furniture was being placed inside of an office that was never used, next to the office was a figure over seeing it all. Sometime last year, a older women was fired from the firm for extortion, and was using the company's name to do so.

"Oh..that's Alisah Winter," pointing, Milan showed me who she was speaking about. "She's from a firm in Chicago, she transferred down here to replace Mina, she was the youngest person there."

Her appearance was effortless. The curly mane that stood from her head capture everyone's attention.

"Oh okay." I tried my hardest to sound uninterested, opening the glass door to the office, I trekked deeper into the room. It was spotless, just like how I left everything, sighing as I sat down in the new chair, my eyebrow raises in confusion.

"Everyone pitched into get you a new chair.." Milan's voice was laced with sympathy, I grew mad and she saw that by the detailing on my face. "We just thought it would be better for you back, that's all." I waved off the topic, and she left telling me that she would have my files soon. My fingers tapped intricately against the keyboard, my gaze fluttered to the newest emails that were in my inbox, for thirty minutes I replied to boring, orthodox emails about the firm, or about my getting well. How many time can one person say sorry? Or get well? I appreciate that, but after the first three weeks it's repetitive.

"Heads up," Milan started, laying down the stack of files along with another hot chocolate and water on my desk. "The new girl is introducing herself to everyone she'll be here in about five minutes." Bidding goodbye she left and I commenced operation: Catch up on my work. My brown orbs read over the words intensely looking for mistakes or loop holes, the shaky things I referred to as my hands tried to apply pressure to the water bottles cap, but instead I spilled it everywhere.

"Let me help you.." The curly fro'd divine being tossed me a warm smile, walking in. My cheeks were scarlet with embarrassment. Five minutes Milan? That was more like two! She set the water bottle to the side, wiping the cold water from the keyboard with the napkins closet to the desk. I tried to be of assistance but my hand kept dropped the tissue, my unsourced nervousness didn't help with my tremulous, unsteady palms.

"I didn't even hear you come in," I laughed apprehensively, rising to my feet I extended my hand. "Babylon Gardens."

"Alisah Winter, my pleasure." She shook my hand firm but then again gently, pulling away I placed my hand back to my side. Her fingers ran lightly in her fro, placing the tiny curls back in the right position. Nodding to the seat behind her, she sat down and I did the same.

"I heard you came from Chicago originally?" Crossing her leg in a masculine way, her head bobbed up and down signaling Yes.

"I did criminal work down there, helping the youth." Her eyes twinkled proudly as she begin talking about her work, she showed deep heartwarming satisfaction. We both shares stories about our work, but was cut short by another person infiltrating my office. Samantha Wilson, the firm's "Jezebel". She would fuck anything with a penis, or vitals; good or bad just too get to the highest position.

"So glad I caught up to you!" Sam's laugh was like nails to a chalk board too me, flaunting a fraudulent beam, my brown spheres scanned over to Alisah who was just as confused as I was.

"Me?" Alisah's finger pointed to herself, her eyebrows furrowed in a muddled manner.

"Of course!" She shared a chuckle with truly sounded like a howl while removing Alisah from her chair. "You have beautiful hair," unannounced she ran her pale, pasty fingers through her hair. I rolled my eyes, vexed. When my hair was elongated like Alisah's I had to deal with random white people consistently touching my hair even when unwanted. "What happened to your hair Babylon?" Her words almost sounded disgusted, I was appalled, my feelings were hurt.

"Um, long story." My mouth flex a screwed up smile, I tried my best to hold back my words. This job paid very well, and allowed me to do something I semi enjoyed, I was wasn't going to lose it for anyone.

"See you later.." Alisah's words were rushed, Sam guided her out my office.

"Annoying ass..mayonnaise colored heffa." I spoke lowly, flipping the pages in my case files.

A/N:

Babylon Gardens

Babe-lön

Played by SAMIRA WILEY - Poussey from OITNB

Alisah Winter

A-Lee-Sah

Played by KIMMYTAUGHTHER -

Kimmy from Instagram

(ALISAH PICTURE TO THE SIDE)

I've been receiving a lot of love for this story so I thought I finally update. Comments and votes mean more than you'll realize to me, so please keep that up. Thank you guys for even reading my stories, I love each and everyone of y'all..blah blah, I know y'all don't wanna hear that LOL

Until the next update...stay tuned!