T h r e e

(THERE WILL BE MISTAKES, but I'm sure you'll still enjoy this! Comment/Fan/Vote/ETC)

I was completely drained; every bone in my body felt brittle and ached. The work load I was trying to polish off was damn near finished besides a few unbreakable statements. "Alright.." I breathed out as if that was the last stream of air I would ever take in. I slowly stood up from my chair and walked around to the from of my desk to reach into my bag, throughly searching for the half a box of tea I stored in there; When my fingers did come in contact with the box I rejoiced and extracted one tea bag.

I always did things like this, usually I would hide a full meal or small snacks for when I spent long nights at the office. The light skies were being overwhelmed by the dark tinted upper atmosphere meaning night was approaching. I placed my bag back into the chair and floated out my office, using the walls to help me stand up properly and walk to the staffs' kitchen; After the hustle and bustle of today my body was weakened but I was determined to make a cup of Tea. The office was extremely peaceful when a million people weren't running around with their heads off, trying to meet deadlines. My eyes flutter around the different rooms until I found myself at the kitchen, The faint light being projected out from the cooking area didn't startle me because I assumed it was a janitor.

"Hello.." I spoke first, furthering into the kitchen I moved closer towards the cabinet.

"You're here pretty late.." I was caught off guard by the voice so in reaction I stumbled backwards. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you." Alisah utter lowly, stepping to me. I was bend over momentarily, gathering my thoughts. My chest rose up and down, but I couldn't help the laugh I shared. I was startled beyond belief when I shouldn't have been.

"No.." I said between giggles, it was unprofessional but that didn't stop the unmasked laughs. "It was my fault, I'm startled by any and everything I guess I wasn't expecting anyone to be in here."

Her facial expression softened when she notices I took everything lightly, she nodded with a small smile, walking back to where she was before. I glanced over, it seemed like she was making tea as well. "I wasn't either, but Samantha needed help with some of her cases, the defense was kicking her ass."

My back faced her as I attempted to turn the hot water knob, I needed to feel my mug. For seconds or so I struggle with it, lowly pouting to myself. My patience was wearing thin, I was tired of this shit. I was too weak to do anything, and assistance was always needed.

"Here, let me help you.." Alisah's voice was so soft. Every word was outlined with sympathy, and that only added insult to injury.

"Fine." I said bitterly, shuffling back to the table that sat in the middle of the room. I took my time seating in the wooden chair, my gaze fall back to Miss. Damar, I watched her take her time, warming up the water for the tea bag. She leaned against the countertop, crossing her arms across her chest while we both waited for the microwave to stop. Alisah was small, but her hair gave her off the impression of something bigger than herself.

"It's okay to need help.." She asserted, peering to the ground. My eyes unintentionally rolled, I exhaled irritatedly. "I know you don't like too, but you have to or else nothing will get done. You seem like a strong, independent person but you have got to stop being so stubborn."

I yearned to agree with her, but the stubborn part of me disagreed. It was hard, I was use to doing everything on my own time and by myself, being hurt like this only set me back.

"You're right.." I mumbled between closed lips that pressed into a faint line after, my back was beginning to tighten up, so I moved to my feet. The microwave sounded and she speedily opened it, and handed me the warm mug.

"I'm leaving soon, but I would like to have break fast with you tomorrow so I can ask you a few questions could about this case I'm taking on. People tell me you are very trained and I think I will need you help..this case is messy."
I clutched the steel sides of the cup, feeling something drop in my gut. I nibble on lip, thinking of my reply.

"I don't think I can," I voiced bluntly. "I have a physical therapy appointment in the morning, then I'm back here.." I fibbed straight through my teeth. I dodged her scrutinized inspection feeling somewhat guilty.

"Oh," Her brows furrowed, but her expression was emotionless. "Oh, no It's fine..See you later than, goodnight."

"Goodnight.." I sniveled, shaking my head. Why did I say no? It was the feeling. As a child, I've always went against that feeling and it ended me up in bad places, terrible situations..like this car accident. I should've listen to Devyn when she told me to say with her, but like Alisah pointed out I'm stubborn and that was Devyn and I's downfall.

-AUTHOR'S NOTE-

Don't kill me? Please??

I'm joking, but seriously don't grill me up yo'. I know I been gone for forever but school be kicking a nigga ass OD, so excuse my absence.
I've been working on this chapter for a minute and it still ain't much, it's more of a filler than anything, next update will be longer and bomb asf.

So....

Who's Devyn?
What feeling did Babylon get when Ali asked her out?
Why you think she went against it?
If you not sway, and you got the answers please comment.

5+ comments = an update.

If you needa reach da kid, HMU.

Tumblr - distressedn16.tumblr.com
Twitter - @tradegirlafi
IG - @acidafi
Kik - l0vear
Email - afiireed@gmail.com

Anything else? Questions, comments or concerns? Just message me!