F o u r

"I have an appointment today.." I muttered softly to Milan. "I won't be able to come in until later.." I could hear her shuffling around then typing on her computer.

"Okay, I'll push back your meetings for later." Her timbre was disappointed, but very much understanding. I spoke to her for a few more minutes before bidding goodbye. I sat quietly on the couch, tossing my mobile phone onto the Mahogany tinted love seat while propping my stiff legs up. My arms rested on my chest as I breathe in with displeasure. I would have to take the morning off just so I could keep up with my phony lie, I hated deceiving people but for some reason something inside of me couldn't have breakfast with her. Those curls along with other things about her affected me and I didn't need that as of right now. I needed to focus on my work, and rebuilding myself. Nothing else, and If I had that mindset some time ago I wouldn't be in this predicament.

"Babylon, You have work tomorrow...just go to sleep.." Devyn's words were limp with concern and that only irritated me more. I wiggled out of her grip, and rolled my eyes. I wanted to go out and party, Something I rarely did and I wouldn't take no for answer.

"If you are coming, let's go if not please stop talking to me..I love you but I need air." I moved around our one bedroom apartment with speed, Collecting my things in my hand as I did so. Once my wallet with my Identification was in my personal, I headed towards the chestnut bedroom door. I turned back to her and the only thing that changed was her expression. It was inexplicably soft and tinder, but it didn't read much. I shook my head in disbelief and twisted the knob. Devyn was so content with our everyday life style. We would come home from work after five hours, eat dinner, shower together and be in bed by eleven. I was sick of it, I was so predicable.

I could feel tears surface onto my cheeks, using the pad of my index finger to remove them I closed my eye while memories consumed my thoughts.

"WAIT!" Someone called out to me, I was already on the move and close to the car when I did turn around. It coudln't have been D, she just didn't have it in her..To break from her everyday routine was impossible for her. "I'll come with you..I don't want you to be alone..females pushing up on you." Her lips moved upward in a quirky grin. The Apartment building's parking lot lights flashed across her yellow skin, and in that moment she looked like a goddess.

"Good.." I hummed between a huge smile. I unlocked the doors to our 2011 Honda Civic and climbed into the driver's seat.

Chest pains begin to play a roll and I sat up, hoping this would cause the growing suffering to cease. I looked towards the TV stand and read the red lights on the digital clock, Taking in one deep breathe I sat up right and stared at the off white wall. It was time to suppress my feelings once again and become jump into my normal professional behavior. My body ached but the medicine I always took would only make me drowsy, so the next thing that would help would be my work

I took time getting out of my car and entering the building not too far from the parking lot. Dragging my flats lightly against the gray pavement, my feet finally meet the sidewalk then the rug of the firm. My lip were pressed in a tight forced smile, I nodded my head in the direction of some of my co-workers; It seemed noticeably empty but I held my tongue until I arrived at my office, instantly greeted with Milan's voice, which seemed extremely warmed up.  I didn't speak I wasn't exactly in the mood for conversation, I sat in my new pain-reliving chair while applying chap stick to my dried out lips while Milan caught me up with today's untouched cases. When she finished I simply turned in my chair, Spinning around so that my legs were under the computer desk, I leaned up and squinted at the illuminated screen, signing in. I heard a faint cough, but didn't bother to turn my head.

"What"s up Milan?" I emitted a soft, unfocused tone of voice.

"Good try," A familiar tonality sounded, causing me to whirl completely around until I met her pleasant expression. "Afternoon." In Alisah's hand was a folder and a newspaper; avoiding her fixed steady I made busy by playing with the papers in front of me, flipping through them vigorously. I pretended that I had no interest in whatever she was gonna say, and this would make her leave my presence..but It only made her seem to stay. 

"Yes Ms. Winter?" I finally cave in.

"Since you're back from your appointment, I thought I could have your help on this case..Lunch is soon."

-Athor's note-

As I'm writing this note I am falling asleep, Lately I've just been so tired and break along with midterms are coming soon, so it's a positive and a negative..hopefully I will update once more before Christmas break, Thanks for even still reading. I love everyone of y'all..thank you again.

Instagram - SadgurlAfi

Twitter - SadgurlAfi

Tumblr - Distressedn16.tumblr.com

Kik - l0veAR/Rpkik1515

If you have a question about me or anything really please don't hesitate, I wont bite your heads off..have a great day.