② | »It's just me ... your girlfriend«

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓
Chapter Two
»It's just me ... your
girlfriend«
┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

 your girlfriend«┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

━━━✦❘༻ Shikadai ༺❘✦━━━

»SHIKADAI!«

He let out a small sigh and tried to hide his bad mood behind a smile as he watched Shina running down the hallway. Shikadai should have known that he would run into her no matter how hard he would try to avoid her. She always knew when he would come to the Hokage office.

Luckily, his dad released him from his desk duty since Asuka requested to have him as her bodyguard for the time she was staying in Konoha. He was grateful that Asuka had picked him again because Shikadai wasn't really a fan of desk duty, he preferred to do missions and not paperwork.

However, just because he wasn't working with Shina anymore didn't mean that he wouldn't see her almost everyday. Somehow Shina got all the dates where Asuka was suppose to be at the Hokage tower and made sure to always be on time, so she had a chance to see Shikadai.

It was annoying but he couldn't really do anything about it.

»It's really good to see you again. What are you doing here?« Shina asked while she gave him a flirty smile.

»Asuka's in a meeting with my dad and Lord Seventh right now, so I'm waiting for her.« Shikadai answered.

»Oh ... W-Well that's a really nice jacket. Is it new? I never really saw you wearing it.«

Shikadai took a quick look at his dark green jacket and couldn't stop himself from smiling. The last time Asuka had visit Konoha was around December and she didn't bring enough clothes for the cold weather, so Shikadai had let her borrow one of his favorite jackets.

Even though it was his favorite jacket, he didn't take it back when Asuka went back home, so she had promised him to bring him a new jacket the next time she would visit Konoha. He didn't expect her to actually hold on to that promise.

»Yea, Asuka got it for me. She even stitched the Nara clan logo on the back.« Shikadai smiled as he ran one hand through the sleeve of his jacket.

»Oh ... it's a present from Lady Asuka« Shina mumbled a little disappointed.

»Her stitching skills aren't the best but I can tell that she tried her best, so I thought it would be nice if I wear it.« Shikadai explained.

Shikadai didn't mention that his mom actually focused him to wear the jacket when he had told her what he got from her. It wasn't like he didn't want to wear the jacket, he just didn't want to wear it right away.

»That's ... really thoughtful of you ...« Shina said, her glance was stick on his jacket.

»Is something wrong with the jacket? Do I look ridiculous in it?« Shikadai asked curious.