NEW | Ten

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓
The Nara
Curse
┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓The Nara Curse┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

━━━✦❘༻ Shikadai ༺❘✦━━━

Shikadai was used to other people calling him a genius but right now he felt like he was the dumbest person on earth. Not only was he having an awkward breakfast with his parents and his pretend girlfriend, but he was also avoiding every eye contact with Asuka ever since his mom had caught them making out in his bed.

He really didn't know how to act around her. Was he suppose to keep acting like he was her boyfriend and just ignore the fact that he practically had confessed his love to her? Hell, Asuka hasn't even given him an answer and the kiss they just had shared made it a lot more complicated for Shikadai to figure out how she actually felt about him.

»I'm really sorry for causing so much trouble. I shouldn't have come unannounced.« Asuka apologized, feeling bad that Temari had prepared an extra meal for her even though she didn't really asked for one.

»Don't worry about it, Asuka. We're really happy to have you here.« Temari gave her a warm smile before she turned her head toward her husband. »Right, Shikamaru?«

Shikamaru nodded as he placed his half full tea cup on the table. »Of course. You're always welcome here so please, think of this as your own home and relax, okay?«

»Thank you so much. That's really kind of you two.« She thanked Shikadais parents, feeling really happy that both of them accepted her as Asuka and not as the daughter of the Feudal Lord.

»How long are you going to stay in the village?« Temari asked interested as she took a sip from her tea.

»I'm only staying for another week before I have to go back home and prepare everything for the ceremony.«

Shikamaru raised his eyebrows in surprise. »A week? But I was told that you're staying for three more days.«

»Well, yes but my father allowed me to stay a little longer because I want to spend some time with Tentō. He's been gone for a mission when I came to Konoha but he will be back in two days.« Asuka explained politely while looking Shikamaru directly in the eyes.

»That's really nice that you want to spend some time with your brother. Family is really important.«  Temari commented and let out a small sigh. »It's been a while since I saw Kankuro and Gaara.«

»I'm sure Lord Seventh would give you a couple of days off so you can go visit your brothers.« Asuka smiled as she put a strain of her hair behind her ear. »Lord Gaara, Kankuro and Shinki are actually attending my ceremony. You're more than welcome to join if you want to.«

Shikadai raised his eyebrows in surprise. Of course he knew that a lot of politician and other important people all around the world were going to attend the ceremony since her becoming the new Feudal Lord was kinda a big deal. Everyone in the Land of Fire was talking about the upcoming event.