high school reunion

credits to @bananashemmo tumblr

~

"Woah woah, don't you think you should cut down on the wine?" Your best friend questioned with wide eyes and used her thumb to remove drops from the white wine around the corner of your mouth.

"Please." You almost scoffed and rolled your eyes. "How would you feel if you were supposed to face your ex-husband after a year of separation?"

"Well first of all I wouldn't get myself drunk in cheap white wine served at a high school reunion." She stated and took the glass away from you to place it on the table, "Secondly I would face my problems rather than running away from them and forget about everything."

"You don't understand." You exclaimed and leaned back in your chair. "I'm in a mix of sadness and anger! I literally haven't seen him since our divorcement and what did he do? Go on a eight lenght month tour! Speak about running away from problems!"

"Yes that was quite a dick move of him. But how many times did he call you during those eight months?"

Chewing on your bottom lip by her question irritated you looked between the floor and her. She crossed her arms almost satisfied and leaned back in her chair as well with a smirk embracing her face.

"But the thing was he only called me to see Meilani! Facetiming me at the most ridiculous times during midnight where she was fucking sleeping and I honestly don't think it's okay! He was the one deciding that we needed to sort something out when it came to her but of course he goes on tour where he doesn't see her development at all."

"Wait he hasn't seen her in real life since then?" she asked gobsmocked. It was something you hadn't mentioned before and you nodded your head with a frown.

"When I said he left me I meant the both of us. The house, the parental authority, literally everything! He wanted to make sure I had a place to take care of the both of us but in the end he showed that he honestly couldn't care less. If he did have interest in Meilani he wouldn't have gone on a damn tour for such a long time his daughter can barely recognize him on pictures!"

"Oh my god, she doesn't recognize him?" Her lips parted slightly by her question and you could tell that she was feeling sorry on your behalf.

You shook your head disappointed and sighed with a frown while looking down at your glass of wine.

"It doesn't help about the fact that he keeps changing his hair color. It was easier when she was younger and he did it at home so she could see the transformation. Now she just looks at me confused with furrowed eyebrows when I show her yet another picture in the media."

"Okay there's so much more behind it than you've told me." She said softly and placed a hand to your shoulder, seeming to be understanding your situation much more now. It wasn't going to be an easy night but she was the one dragging you in the first place. Maybe she regretted it now.

"But let's just enjoy this night okay? You don't even have to talk to Michael if you don't want to! Who says he's even showing up? I assume he's tired after touring that much."

"I don't know..." You shrugged and took a look around. It was hard to recognize some of the people around here. You could recognize some from your old drama class but everyone had changed so much. No wonders though it was 10 years ago you saw most of them last time.

"I don't want to call myself a stalker or anything but I saw Luke and Calum tweet about going. And since Michael never wants to turn down a party I'm so sure he'll show up too. I just think I'll dig myself into my old hole of misery."

"No, don't have that attitude." Your best friend whined and pulled you up from burying yourself in your lap.

"Let's talk about something else! Let me see a picture of Meilani and tell me what is going on with her at the moment! It's been so long since the last time I visited you due to all the packing and stuff with my new apartment!"