vi) Mors Spiralis

CLAWS OF GUILT AND CORROSIVE LOATHING FILLED HER MIND AND DROWNED HER HEART. There was nothing more that could describe the state Zinnia found herself in following the letters that spelled the failure she felt she was. The hours following the confirmation of her letters were spent in solitude, scarcely leaving her room or even prying herself away from the comforter of her bed, running over her failures one after the other inside her head.

Sleep was a concept that evaded her grasp, and the sinking pit of guilt and despair inside of her made the merest idea of eating a difficult one to fathom. She didn't go to school the following morning, or the rest of the week. She only emerged from her room to go to the hospital to visit her mother every day, and give Seiya the grave news. She adorned the most simple and unobtrusive set of jeans and hooded jumper as she could, combined with a paperboy hat to try and hide the regrowth of her hair from showing as painfully.

It didn't seem to matter to the man, who sat silently behind his desk, staring down at the stack if papers she had passed him with nothing more than a simple glance over.

After what felt close to a minutes silence, Seiya dropped the papers to the desktop with little care and redirected his gaze towards her.

'Did you read the papers thoroughly?' He questioned her.

A trick question?

No, perhaps not.

Zinnia nodded in response, albeit hesitantly.

That answer appeared to meet Seiya's expectations by the faint breath that escaped him.

'I would recommend you ignore the results you received from Shiketsu and Ketsubutsu, entirely.' Seiya stated seriously, and without even casting Zinnia a glance, he promptly sent the pages through the shredder at his desk. 'While they do not exactly specify any true opinion, the copy of your results sent to me as the person who recommended you through scholarship, the results are far different.'

And a second later, he promptly pulled a stack of papers from within the top drawer of his desk and slid them across the desk towards her.

Gingerly, Zinnia lifted the pages and looked down at the strikingly different set of pages that had Seiya's name outlined right at the top.

ATTENTION:
Dr Seiya Ataru
Head Surgeon
Hosu General Hospital

Re: Scholarship Route Recommendation, Kennedy Zinnia.

Dear Sir/Madam,

In follow-up procedures pending the application of one Kennedy Zinnia for the scholarship route of the Hero Course for Shiketsu High School, we are writing to you to inform you that the applicant of your recommendation has failed to meet the minimum standards for any successful applicant, let alone the requirements necessary for the scholarship program.

Further more, your applicants performance has raised many concerns with our board of examiners, those of which we have neglected to advise Kennedy Zinnia as per our procedural protocols.

Not only does Kennedy Zinnia's quirk pose a severe health hazard to themselves and others, we cannot overlook the psychological trauma exposure to the applicant's quirk can cause in the unlikely chance that they become accepted as a certified hero in the future.

Further more, we also believe upon observation that the applicant's psychological condition is greatly unstable for any healthy teenager of their age, and in combination with their quirk, we believe quirk counselling and monthly psychological evaluation at an institution must be given to ensure that the applicant does not stray off the path towards villainous activities.