Act Three - Gravis Animarum

[I'll leave a flower at your door, a wish of blessings among the dead. Let this splendour of colour grace your dreams in ethereal embraces. And perhaps then, my soul would be saved.]

Regret befit the lesser part of life, both bitter and sweet in unpleasant contrast. Where remain the memories once sweet as saccharine dreams? Their rose-tinted shades decay in the cold, souring, rotting until the bitterness wrought nothing but silent cries and what-ifs veiled in misfortune and grief.

Sirens rung through the turbulent air, piercing the evening with the sound of agony. Flames lapped at the darkened skies, illuminating the grey haze of light pollution with smoke and sparks of fire spiralling into the air. The stars were obscured, hidden as if they didn't exist, as absent as the balance between broken hearts.

If the world were so wrong, how many rights would correct it? How many wrongs would turn the world on its axis and reverse the curse of self-entitled hearts in their mansions and crippled, lost souls crumpled to waste in the dirt?

She stood in the open, hearing drowned by screams and wails, sight obscured by the chaos of the night. Crimson stained her thoughts, her fears and her tiny form, painting her in the colours that haunted her every waking thought.

She wanted it all to stop.

i) Advenae [Arrival]

ii) Aequo Amino [Indifference]

iii) Seco [Divide]

iv) Angustiarum [Impasse]

v) Conscendo [Soar]

vi) Neglegunt [Neglect]

vii) Adscitus [Acceptance]

viii) Certioro [Apprise]

ix) Laudo [Praise]

x) Decretum [Decision]

xi) Conatus [Effort]

xii) Frigidus Sanguis [Cold Blood]