NO BUENO

Okay...I know it has been a while...I've been extremely busy...

I'm sorry. Please allow me to live...I dance almost 24/7, which is quite time consuming. I'm also taking an AP course next year so the summerwork has been really piling up...

What am I saying? To be totally honest, most of my time has been dedicated to watching Fairytail and Miraculous Ladybug...oops...

ANYWHO, ONTO THE CHAPTER...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- okay okay...this is something that should be avoided in ALL fanfiction (not just PJO fandom):

CHANGING POVs. 

I have read quite a plethora of fanfiction (because I have no life...) and it's very common. I understand wanting to give the readers an omniscient point of view, but it doesn't need to be every few seconds:

...

Percy POV:

I CAN'T BELIEVE I HAVE ANOTHER SISTER! (A/N: how many sisters are there now? 28? 402?)

WOW! I'M NOT THE ONLY CHILD OF POSEIDON: NOW I HAVE AQUA SKITTLE KIT KAT BAR AS TOO!

Aqua Skittle Kit Kat Bar POV:

YAY! I HAVE A LONG LOST BROTHERRRRRRR! WOO HOO!

OH AND I'M SO HAPPY I PUT ON LIKE 300 COATS OF MASCARA BECAUSE THERE WAS A MONSTER ATTACK AND I DON'T EVEN MONSTERS TO SEE ME LOOKING TRASHY.

OH AND I'M GLAD I FED MY PET, SARTARIO THE SKITTLE MONSTER.

Percy POV:

What is reality? Is our whole world a lie? (A/N: I have actually contemplated this...)

...

 Like...did I really need to know that?

If you want to change point of views, I would suggest every/every other chapter.

- For fanfics where the gods read the PJO series: 

Commentary happens EVERY. OTHER. FREAKING. LINE.

I understand that most of the content in these stories are from the actually TLT book, so they want to add interaction among characters, but it doesn't have to be as often.

PERSONALLY, I hate when people interrupt while I'm reading...soooo....

No. Just no.

- There are too many characters.

I feel ashamed for doing this when I was younger. 

I was in 5th grade when I wrote my first Percy Jackson fanfiction and I am completely ashamed. My book had like 13 main characters (A/N: It is still up because I haven't had the heart to take it down. If you want cringe, that book is the epitome of it). Although the fanfiction was meant for just my friends, it was wayyyy too hard to keep track of all those characters.

This advice isn't just for the well-being of your readers. It is also for the well-being of yourself. It hurt me to reread my first fanfic.

Too many characters just results in confusion...

Man, I felt wayyyy too Sirius writing that...

- SPEAKING OF CHARACTERS, try to spread out descriptions of your characters.

I have read TOO MANY fanfics where descriptions are all placed into one long, boring paragraph. It isn't just boring, but it is also confusing.

I also did this in my first fanfic...

NO BUENO

Matinee Fluffy Unicorn Rainbow Skittle Taco Marshmallow Pumpkin Power Ranger Jackson has long, flowing, chocolate brown hair with aqua blue ORBS and was wearing a hunter green crop-top with denim shorts with ruffle edges  and kimono sandals that are also hunter green and she was wearing a tan hat and round sunglasses and dangling earrings and was holding a small purse that was brown. OH and her friend, Abby Happy Pony Sunshine M&Ms Snack Bubblegum Fish Angel Moon Twix, was wearing the same outfit because TWINSIES, but her top was a violet purple and her shorts didn't have ruffles and her kimono sandals were violet too and she had aviator shades on and didn't have a hat and her earrings were studs and her hair is short and curly and blonde and her ORBS are brown.

I don't know about y'all, but I find that a bit hard to follow...

It is also harder for readers to remember what they look like and envision what is going on. 

NO BUENO

- I have refrained from mentioning it so far but...

ORBS.

I will stress this as much as possible...

NO BUENOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I see this SO MUCH. I get that using 'eyes' too much is repetitive, but I'm sure there are other substitutes or ways to say things.

SO stawp.

Get healthy.

- MISCOMMUNICATION.

I feel the need to rant on this. It isn't just for fanfiction, it's for life.

Let lil' old me give y'all advice...

COMMUNICATE.

I've read some fanfics where a character does something and the other character gets extremely offended. While reading those I think, This is so unrealistic. That kind of stuff never happens in real life. But then I realize...

IT DOES SOMETIMES.

Romance in most fanfictions tend to be like Hallmark:

1) She meet the guy

2) They both fall in love in the next few scenes

3) She/he finds out she/he did something she/he doesn't like

4) Goes to whine and cry in the rain

5) Realizes there was miscommunication

6) Makes up and gets married

DON'T WRITE A HALLMARK FILM UNLESS YOU MEAN TO. (A/N: I actually watch a lot of Hallmark...I'm a cheesy person)

 ANYWHOOOOOOOO

yeah...that's all I got for now. 

I actually just recently started reading a bunch of fanfiction again...I really was on hiatus for a while...

yeesh

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope you enjoyed reading my scattered thoughts...

My life has been pretty crazy lately so my brain has been running pretty fast (it will probably crash and burn eventually). 

Yeah...my phone got stolen the other day, so my luck has been greaaaat. 

But anywhooooooo, I've been joining many fandoms lately so...

What fandoms have you guys joined lately? Just wondering if anyone has any fandom recommendations.

CHOW SKITTLES!

~teamleo13