a

D a e h w i ' s  P o v

Right now, I’m ultimately freaking out. Because my blind date just asked me to go on a walk with him, and that is a very very very big deal.

Jinyoung was relatively calm when I told him about my condition. I offered to just cancel this dinner we were supposed to be having, but he insisted upon it. At first, I thought he was being polite, but I found myself relaxing when time went by.

He was very friendly, which I was a little surprised about because Jihoon hyung had said that he did not talk a lot. Did I mention that he was a gentleman? He ordered me some delicious food and even paid for it!

I felt strangely comfortable with him, more than I felt around others, when Woojin whom I had known longer. Jinyoung and I just met but yet I feel like I knew him forever.

Also, he was holding my hand. Holding my freaking hand. His hand was warm and his fingers were intertwined with mine as if I was something precious, but of course that will be the last thing I’ll ever be because of what the stupid car crash did to me.

Once we were outside Jinyoung flagged down a taxi. When it arrived he held onto my arm and guided me inside. I know I could have done it myself, but for some reason I was enjoying having his hands on me.

He gave some instructions to the driver to take us to Echo Beach. I felt a tiny pang in my heart. The last time I ever went to the beach was when I was twelve. I used to love playing in the sand and splashing about in the sea. Right now Jinyoung was taking me there again.

I wish I could look out of the window as the journey progressed. I wanted to see the streets disappear as we neared the seaside. To see the bed of blue water and the golden sand, the palm trees swaying in the wind. But all that was left in my world was a black sheet of darkness.

I felt tears forming in my eyes, and I wiped them away furiously with my sleeve, embarrassed at myself for crying. Great, now Jinyoung was going to think I was a crybaby. Suddenly, I felt his warm arm wrapping around my shoulders and his other hand gently leaning my head on my shoulder.

Holy shit. My heart was racing for the first time in three years.

“You can sleep now, we still have a long way to go,” he mumbled, his voice sounding deep and husky. His breath was tickling my ear, making my face heat up. I really hoped that he wasn’t looking right now.

At first it felt a little awkward. I never leaned on someone before, not even with my girlfriend (we weren’t seeing each other for long before the accident anyway). I felt a little afraid that I was making Jinyoung uncomfortable somehow even though we was the one who cuddled me first.

After a while, I started to feel tired and I couldn’t help but pass out on his shoulder.

~•~•~

“Wake up Hwi.”

I opened my eyes. I couldn’t see anything, which wasn’t a surprise. But as I slowly aroused from my nap, I started to realise what was happening.

A hand, Jinyoung’s, was running through my hair, brushing and playing with my locks. His arm was still wrapped firmly around me and during my sleep I had unconsciously started hugging him back. Worst of all, my mouth was hanging open slightly like a goldfish, causing me to drool all over his shoulder.

I jerked up abruptly, hastily removing my arms from his waist. “Oh my gosh, Jinyoungie I’m so sorry!” I apologised, mentally scolding myself. He was being so nice to you and yet you dribble your saliva all over him? I wanted to scream in frustration.

I braced myself for him to scold me, or even mock me, but all that came from his was a chuckle. “Don’t be sorry,” he reassured me. I felt my cheeks burn up. His laugh made me want to listen to it forever. Wait, what was I saying? I pictured him smiling brightly at me, and it only made me blush more.

His grip on me still hasn’t loosened throughout the whole journey, and I thought it was sweet, protective even. I felt him nuzzle me with his nose and kiss the top of my head gently. I closed my eyes and sighed in contentment.

I snapped out of my daze the moment I realised that he was nibbling my hair. Only then he let go of me, and the lost of contact and heat made me want to cry for more. At this point I was beyond flustered. Why must he do this to me? Why was my heart beating so fast?

“Why did you wake me up?” I asked dumbly. I want to go back to sleep so that I could cuddle him again.

I don’t know why, but I could feel him smiling down on me as he said, “We are here.”

~•~•~

I know it's cheesy but when it comes to Jinhwi I like cheesy stuff <3

btw have you seen the new Twice MV for dance the night away?