i

J i n y o u n g ’ s  P o v

Last night after we left the beach, we went back to his apartment, where he had offered to let me stay the night. I agreed because it was already quite late, and I didn’t feel like leaving him anyway. It had been interesting to see how he navigated his way around, but then again it was his own home so it wasn’t really a problem. I was feeling really sleepy then, and I couldn’t really remember what happened last night, but when I woke up in the morning, I was next to him on his bed with him curled against me.

I wondered if I had done something amazingly good in my past life to deserve to be in this position right now. I’m pretty sure that anyone would want to be cuddled with a baby otter like him, right? Daehwi’s sleeping face was so cute I wanted to die on the spot, not to mention that he was giving soft snores every now and then. After about five minutes of watching him, I couldn’t resist myself anymore so I started giving his face pecks all over, which caused him to sniffle. Then finally, his eyes fluttered open.

“Good morning, beautiful” I greeted, pressing my lips into his cheeks, making him whine softly. He mumbles something while burying his face deeper into my chest, obviously trying to hide his red face but the tips of his ears which were also turning red give it away. I bit my lip. Self control Jinyoung, self control.

“Did you fall from heaven, you little angel?” I asked in a teasing tone, earning a smack in the arm for him.

“Did you have to use pick up lines so early in the morning?” He groaned.

“Early? It’s almost ten,” I commented. He cuts me off by putting his finger on my lip. The gesture both surprised me and caused my heart to race. Then his hands were on the sides of my face, trying to pull me in for a kiss. I leaned in as if I was going to kiss him, but pulled away the last second. When he realised what I did he whines again, and again I had the urge to squish him.

“You meanie! I’m not going to kiss you ever again!” He shouted, trying to push me off the bed, which I almost did if I didn’t grab hold onto the bed sheets last minute.

“I’m sorry Hwi! I won't do it again!” I begged, but he sat up and folded his arms with a pout, shaking his head stubbornly.

“I’m really sorry, I won’t do it again.” I reached for his hand but he slapped it away, and for a moment I was worried that I had really upsetted him. Then suddenly he grabs a handful of my shirt and pulls me towards him, his lips soughting for mine. I was taken by surprise, but I quickly started to kiss him back, my hands moving to cup his cheeks as I deepened the kiss.

Our lips moved in perfect sync, and I bit his bottom lip asking for entrance. He hesitated for a second before opening his mouth and welcoming my tongue. I moved my tongue around his mouth and he did the same, except that there wasn’t much of a battle for dominance. The feeling of having someone else’s tongue tangled with mine was overpowering and I could also feel his grip on me faltering. I took the chance to lean back onto the mattress with him falling on top of me, but all the while without breaking the kiss. His hands moved to my shoulders and pulled me even closer if that was possible. This was an entirely new feeling to me, I never felt so close to anyone before, and we pulled apart for air for a while before he closed the distance between us once again. He seemed hungry for me, our kisses becoming more and more desperate, almost as if we wanted to feel every part of each other, to be impossibly close until we can’t be any more closer. The room was silent apart from the sounds of soft breaths and an occasional moan slipping from our mouths.

I’m not sure how long we spent together like this, but eventually we pulled apart again, panting heavily from our make out session. I was oddly satisfied to see that his lips were more swollen than before, knowing that I was the one who did that. He lays on top of me with his arms wrapped around my waist, his face buried in the crook of my neck and our legs tangled together. I put one arm around his back and ran the other through his hair.

“What… what was that?” He asked, and I stared at him in surprise.

“A make out,” I stated simply, which somehow made him feel embarrassed because he turns red again.

“No no… I meant… what we just did… what does it mean?” I didn’t reply at first, so he added, “It’s okay, I don’t mind if you hate me.” He says it so sadly that it broke my heart. I wasn’t really surprised that he asked. I knew I had an answer, but I was afraid to tell him. After all, we just met yesterday as blind dates (literally). What if he didn’t feel the same way? But he was looking at me so intently with those unseeing eyes that I decided to tell him.

“Well… I just made out with you so… I guess I love you?” I said flatly. Okay, not what I had in mind.

He probably noticed my awkwardness for he started giggling at me, making me blush in embarrassment. “Hey! I’m trying to confess here!” I said in exasperation.

“You definitely aren’t good at it today, aren’t you?” He snorted, making me want to crawl in a hole and die there. “Your confession yesterday was so much better.”

“But how do you know that I really meant it?” I asked, immediately regretting my words the moment they slipped from my mouth. His face fell when I said it.

“You didn’t mean it?” He asked quietly.

“No! I mean yes, I meant it!” I stuttered, hugging him tightly. Then in a softer and gentler tone, I said, “I really love you, please believe me. Do you feel the same?” I must have stunned him, because his eyes widened, words hovering at his mouth but unable to come out.

“I-” He stopped mid sentenced, tilting his head slightly. Then his eyes widened. “Did you hear that?” He asked, in a hushed frightened whisper. Then I heard it, sirens. Police sirens.

Daehwi’s eyes grew wider and wider as the sound grew louder, curling his knees to his chest and covering his ears. I tried to console him but he wouldn't budge.

Outside the window came the sound of cars screeching to a halt, right below the building. “Floor 11, unit 3!” I heard a yell, then the stomping of footsteps. “Find Lee Daehwi and arrest him immediately!”

They found him. They must be here to arrest him for murdering Minseo.

I didn't think twice, I pulled off my jacket and wrapped it around him so that it covered him. I then put one arm under his knees and the other around his back and lifted him. Carrying him bridal style to the room facing the back of the building. Outside the window, there was a fire exit like I had seen last night.

“Jinyoung! What's happening?” He squeaked, his voice muffled by the fabric. I told him to remain quiet, and he buried his face in my shoulder, and I could hear his soft sobs. I couldn't let him get caught. Someone as small and fragile as him shouldn't end up in jail.

The window was fairly large and I carefully hoisted him to the other side before climbing out myself. Thank god the police hadn't sealed off that exit yet, which gave us a chance to escape.

I picked him up again and ran down the stairs as quietly as I could, cringing as my feet plonked against the metal. Once we were safely down on the ground I flew down the empty street as fast as I could.

~•~•~

I think this was the longest update yet so I hoped you enjoyed XD

Vote and comment!