━━ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐕𝐀𝐍𝐈𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 - 𝐏𝟏 ━━

* . ⋆ ° * ' . *
° .   。 °   ⋆  •   ゚  。•  .   .  * . ⋆ . °   .    𝐍𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐑 𝟔𝐓𝐇, 𝟏𝟗𝟖𝟑
𝐇𝐀𝐖𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐒, 𝐈𝐍𝐃𝐈𝐀𝐍𝐀
* . . . ⋆   .     .  ⋆   .  .   . ⋆ . ° * * •
* ° . • *
. .

The night was quiet, as it always had been in this small corner of Indiana, and yet this night in particular was so unlike any other. And it all started where every problem in this town began.

𝐇𝐀𝐖𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐒 𝐍𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐀𝐋 𝐋𝐀𝐁𝐎𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐘
𝐔.𝐒. 𝐃𝐄𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐄𝐍𝐄𝐑𝐆𝐘

The underground maze of halls was especially bare, deserted of both man and sound. The only remaining sign of life was the subtle melody of the generator humming as it struggled to pump light throughout such a vast facility. That was, until... BAM!

A single steel door ripped open, colliding fast and hard with the walls with a fantastic thud. Swallowing all remaining silence along with it was the cry of alarms that flooded the hallway as the lone straggler ran for his life; A man, soaked in sweat and terror finally found himself at the end of the hall. He made it to the elevator. Hope dared to flair in his chest as he furiously slammed his fist onto the button on the wall. As he did so, he continued to look over his shoulder in a panic.

He knew it was coming for him. That... Thing. Whatever it was exactly, he wasn't sure, but one thing was certain: it was hungry for his blood.

BOOM!

The sound was distant and muffled, but it rattled his bones like thunder. It sounded so close.

BOOM!

The soft ding of the elevator's arrival might as well have been a choir of angels. Three titanium plates in the wall began to peel themselves apart and the man wasted no more time. He squeezed himself through the opening and returned to hurrying the elevator before it could even finish opening.

It closed nowhere near fast enough.

He's left standing there, waiting for the steel trap of a box to catch up to his latest demand in a temporary chaotic stillness. The doors wouldn't move, his body stuck stock-still, and it didn't matter he was so afraid to make a sound that he held his breath, sound was all around him and flooding his senses. Blood roared in his ears, and the wail of the alarms echoed painfully down the long hall he found himself staring down, threatening to catch up to him. None of it, however, was enough to drown out the dying shrieks of the men that thing just devoured - those shrieks never stopped, they clung to him no matter how fast he ran.

A fleeting part of him wondered about the kid, but fear swallowed that thought.

Another moment passed by him as nothing new happened. Maybe, came a short-lived thought, spoken from a frenzied part of his brain, I'm stuck in a damn time loop. The doors don't close, the alarms shriek for help he still can't give and nothing continued to happen. For one foolish second, he almost began to believe he just might be able to make it. But that wasn't enough to cast away the fear looming over his shoulder, watching him, breathing down his neck.