━━ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐎𝐃𝐘 - 𝐏𝟐 ━━

A//N: Sorry guys, this one is a little on the short side. :/

||𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐑'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐕||

"We keep losing the signal, but you heard it, right?"

The five of us were gathered in Mike's basement once more. Lucas and Dustin had nearly broken down my door earlier this morning in a frantic scramble. They had both began talking really fast but I caught bits and pieces, something about Mike hearing Will. That was enough to get me out of my room, regardless of my health, or whatever the hell is wrong with me.

It took me less than five minutes to get dressed and before I knew it, I was on my bike and in the lead to Mike's. When we got there he quickly ushered us down to the basement and that is how we all ended up sitting by El, listening to her fiddle with the super-comm. The voice I heard was hard to believe but unmistakably Will's.

I knew that a big part of me was hoping so desperately that he was alive I was willing to believe anything. I know it's not healthy, but I couldn't resist giving into the belief that my best friend is alive.

"Yeah, I heard a baby." Lucas all but sighed.

"What?" Mike asked, seemingly astonished.

"Mike, you obviously tapped into a baby monitor. It's probably the Blackburns' next door." Lucas sighed, wanting to believe that Will was alive.

I could tell he wanted it to be true. But I guess that's where we are different, Lucas is better at sticking to reality and reason. Something I often envied.

"Uh, did that sound like a baby to you? That was Will!" Mike asked matter-of-factly.

Lucas rolled his eyes, clearly getting frustrated.

"Mike..."

"Lucas, you don't understand. He spoke last night. Words! He was singing that weird song he loves. Even El heard him!"

My head snapped up. I had been silent throughout this whole endeavor, keeping a safe distance from the circle, still not completely sure if I was sick enough to contaminate anyone. But I spoke up.

"Should I Stay or Should I Go? By the Clash?" My voice was slightly urgent.

"Yes! At least I think it's by th- you know what? It doesn't matter! The point is," he looked around the room to all the boys, and his eyes landed on me, a knowing look in them. "I think there is a good chance Will is alive."

I gave a small smile at Mike, communicating my gratitude silently.

"Well if El heard him-" Lucas began, annoyed.

"Are you sure you're on the right channel?" Dustin cut in.

"I don't think it's about that. I think, somehow, she's channeling him."

"Like... like Professor X."

"Yeah."

Lucas looked to me, then the boys. "Are you actually believing this crap?"

"I don't know, I mean..." Dustin sighed. "Do you remember when Will fell off his bike and broke his finger? He sounded a lot like that."