━━ 𝐅𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐀𝐂𝐑𝐎𝐁𝐀𝐓𝐒 - 𝐏𝟑 ━━

Warnings(?): Kinda short... :/ Also spelling errors most likely (in this whole episode probs tbh)

||𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐑'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐕||

The abrupt rip of the paper startled El as she sat there, listening to Mike demonstrate what we learned earlier.

We had all caught a ride to Mike's house and made into the basement to fill El in.

"It would take a lot of energy to build a gate like this. But that's got to be what happened. Otherwise, how'd Will get there, right?"

Maybe it was just me, but it seemed like El was hiding something. She seemed to pause before shaking her head casually. "Right."

"What we want to know is, do you know where the gate is." Lucas asked.

Meanwhile, I turn to look over my shoulder to see my brother walking around the basement, compass in hand and looking very bewildered. I frowned in confusion.

I spared a moment to look to El to see her hesitantly shake her head 'no' in response to Lucas's question.

The anger in my friend was quick to show itself. "Then how do you know about the Upside Down?"

She avoided everyone's eye and looked down to her lap, fidgeting with her fingers. El looked up once more to stare at Dustin confused, drawing everyone's attention, including my own, to my brother who was still wandering around the basement led by his compass.

"Dustin, what are you doing? Dustin?" Mike asked.

He didn't answer, he only spun around in more circles.

"Dustin!" I shout, grabbing his attention.

"I need to see your compasses." He stuttered.

"What?"

"Your compasses. All of your compasses, right now!" He yelled.

I looked to boys in equal confusion before complying.

In moments, there was a small cluster of compasses scattered across the flipped DnD board.

"What's exciting about this?" Mike asked a little irritated.

"Well, they're all facing north, right?"

"Yeah?" I asked, urging my brother to continue.

"Well, that's not true north."

"What do you mean?" Mike wondered.

"I mean exactly what I just said. That's not true north."

My brother looked to the two boys in shock, then me, noticing I had a hint of a smile on my face as I stare at the board.

"Are you two, seriously this dense? Y/n." He sighed, urging me to explain it to the two boys.

I straighten up, having been leaning on the table previously, and looked between my two friends. "Well, the sun rises in the east, and it sets in the west. Right?" I say gesturing with my arms.