sixteen

( MOVIE NIGHT ! )
( sixteen )

it looked like the cycle of solitude had started up again for olive, she just stayed in her room all cooped up, this time she couldn't even browse through instagram because she was scared of what the fans would do to her. she had youtube, but sometimes the videos on there got boring. she had her guitar, but she only felt like singing sappy, sad, love songs. she hated reading with a passion. her drawings always looked like shit. so most of the time she just sat there, doing nothing.

that was, until there was a knock on her door.

"oh! oh dear," she could hear her mom from downstairs when she got the door, "olive, i think you might want to see this!" her mom hollered up the stairs. olive furrowed her eyebrows as she peeked her head out of her door, she couldn't see anything yet, so she crouched by the railing.

there was jaeden and sophia with lopsided grins in her house with what looked like a cake, a large teddy bear, a gift bag that was bursting with candy and a bunch of helium balloons. olive's eyes widened as she began slowly going down the stairs. the back of her mind reminded her she wasn't dressed properly, but she pushed that away for now.

"how'd you find my house?" well, sophia and jaeden were not expecting that. maybe a hug, a thank you or happy tears, but not a question.

"we, uh, called your dad," jaeden admitted sheepishly, scratching the back of his neck. olive had to sit down, they did all of this for her, they must actually care about her.

"i - i," she sighed deeply, "i forgive you." jaeden put whatever he had been holding on the dining table and ran over to olive, only to wrap his arms around her tightly. slowly, olive wrapped her arms around him too, but still having a loose grip.

sophia joined after taking a photo to make it a group hug, olive's feet were nearly off of the ground because of how tight they were squeezing her, "how about us, all of the losers, and your friends have a sleepover with us at the hotel?"

olive's mom piped in, "absolutely not!" olive's voice became caught in her throat, she could feel jaeden tense up, "because you're going to stay here for a sleep over, all of you cramped in a single hotel room would not be comfortable."

"mom!" olive laughed breathily, "don't scare us like that." olive stopped before leaving the room, "but thanks."

( a/n )
ugh my heart, we
stan a healthy family
dynamic.