day 1 .

[THEA'S P.O.V]

I looked out the window of the bus and saw a sign that said, "Camp Evian 3/4 mile." I got excited.

"Finally!", said Adriana, my best friend.

She took out her earbuds and pressed her hands against the glass.

The bus came to a complete stop. People started cheering and screaming, excited for camp.

I hopped off the bus and a group of four girls instantly came running toward us.

"THEA! ADRIANA!", They screamed running toward us.

We all hugged and greeted each other.

There were six of us in our group. Most of us had been friends since the third grade. In the fall, we will all be juniors.

"God, somehow I missed you all.", Said Staci giggling.

Staci was a friend I had met at camp the first year I was here. She was the sassiest third grader I had ever met.

Staci was a short girl with brown hair and green eyes. She usually wore her hair up in a pony tail.

"Shut up, Staci, you know you love us.", I laughed. A few of the other girls laughed with me.

"I can't believe we're finally back!!" Said Ella excited. Ella was newer to the group. She had red curly hair and green eyes.

Moments later, I looked up and saw him. Danny Cartier. I've had a crush on him since I was seven years old.

He was wearing grey shorts and a black long sleeve shirt. He made eye contact with me but I quickly looked away.

"Someone has a little crush, doesn't she?" Adriana teased me.

"N-No I don't." I mumbled looking back at him.

He was surrounded by a group of girls and his best friend, Christian. He had his arm around a girl named Gianna.

"I heard he's getting back together with her." Staci said rolling her eyes.

I looked back. He was still staring at me. I quickly grabbed my suit case and walked past Danny and the group of girls.
———————————-
"Welcome to Camp Evian!", A blonde cheerful woman said. "My name is Emma, and I'm pretty sure you're in my cabin which means I'm your counselor!" She smiled.

"Hi!" I said smiling.

"I'm gonna need your phone and any food you have so we don't attract bugs." She said.

After I finished checking in, the six of us walked up 66 steps with our heavy suit cases.
We all sat down on our bunks and started to settle in.

"I've literally waited all year for this.", A girl named Julianna said.

Julianna and I met at school in the second grade. She stole my sandwich and I started screaming so we both got detentions. We've been friends ever since.

Three women, including Emma, walked into the room. "Welcome to camp!" Emma said. "I'm Emma, this is Cammie, and this is Tessa. We're your counselors!" Emma continued while the girls smiled and waved.

"We'll be heading downstairs for dinner soon, so don't get to comfy. Also, change into clothes that will keep you warm. We're going to the campfire tonight!" Tessa said excited. The girls in the cabin started to cheer. "CAMPFIRE NIGHTTT!"
———————————-
Later, we all met for dinner. As we were in line for food, I heard a deep voice behind me.

"Hey, T."

My face turned red and I turned around. Danny was standing there smiling and looking down at me. 

"Are you just gonna stand there or are you gonna give me a hug?" He chuckled.

Danny pulled me into a hug for a few seconds but then I pulled away. "Excited for camp?" He asked.

"Of course! Who isn't?" I said smiling.

Danny smiled and ran his hands through his hair. I bit my lower lip and looked down.

"Thea! Come on! We're getting food!" Adriana shouted from across the cafeteria.

"Coming!" I shouted back. Danny slipped his hands in his pockets. "So I'll talk you later?" I asked him.

"Definitely, T." He winked and walked away. I shook my head and mumbled "What a tease".
————————————-
We went back to the cabin to grab some warm clothes after dinner for the campfire. I pulled a navy blue Disneyland sweatshirt over my head.

"Hey guys, look what I brought!" Julianna said holding up red bandannas.

Every year, it was a tradition to wear bandannas. It was sort of like a friendship bracelet. We all put our bandannas on and went down to the campfire.

As we walked to the campfire, I saw Danny. Our eyes locked and a smirk came onto his face. I raised an eyebrow and he pointed at his sweatshirt then at mine. We were wearing the exact same sweatshirt.

I smiled. "Copycat."

"Thea!" The girls shouted. I walked to the log the girls were sitting on and sat down. Danny was sitting on the log right behind ours.

"You look cute in that sweatshirt." Danny whispered in my ear from behind.

I blushed and whispered back "Thank you, you don't look too bad yourself." I smiled.

"I know" He smirked. I shook my head and turned back around.

The rest of the night, we sung campfire songs and played little games. We were at the campfire for hours. Finally, at 11:30pm, we had to head back to our cabins.

"Hey, T, wait up!" I heard Danny behind me and I stopped. I raised an eyebrow at him.

He kissed me cheek "Goodnight" He smiled and jogged away. I stood there in shock while my face was red.

"OOOHHH THEAAAA!!!" All the girls said in unison. I looked down to hide my red face and continued to walk to our cabin.
———————————-
"So every night, we're going to have bonding nights. Each night will be a different subject and you can open up and share things you are comfortable with sharing. Tonight will just be icebreakers!" Emma said cheerfully.

Even though we all knew each other, we still went around and did little icebreakers. Some were stupid things, some were basic, and some were deep personal things.

After hours of talking, it was 1am. We all crawled back to our beds and turned the lights out. I fell asleep and thought about what was going to happen tomorrow.
———————————-
Hi :) I'm working on this new book and hopefully all of y'all will like it! Thank you for reading! (day 2 is coming out soon).

edit: i changed a lot of the characters (like their pictures in the intro) so go check them out if ur interested