CHAPTER FIFTEEN : A Word of Comfort

Not going to lie. Not doing so well right now. I'm at a point in my life where I have no idea what is going to happen. My plans and attempts to take control have been met by dead ends and jammed doors. Things are definitely not going the way I thought they were going to go. And I got to say I'm scared. I fear the unknown. I have to resort to my little bag of tricks to keep the anxiety goonies away. I feel the twinge of wanting to start bawling inconsolably. I want to figuratively pack up my bags and go on home. I feel like a failure. I lack direction. But there have been some important things God has been showing me.

I just quit my job. It had been a long time coming but I finally went through with it. I'm experiencing a mix of emotions. Joy, relief, fear, anxiety for the future. The endorphins of joy are starting to wear off and now the onset of panic is starting to set in. But God still works through our failures whatever the situation. I'm feeling kind of like a failure and a loser now that I'm unemployed, but I take comfort in the fact that God is working through this somehow to work things out for my good. I went to a conference at Red Rocks Church recently and one of the speakers mentioned how God is in heaven SITTING down on His throne.

He's so chill about everything and so not worried He's sitting down! He has supreme control over everything, and not a blade of grass withers without His say so. Take comfort, every hair of your head is numbered. "Are not five sparrows sold for two coins, and not one of them is forgotten before God? But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows." Luke 12:6-7( KJV).

God loves you so much! He knows what you are going through, and you are not forgotten. He knows your problems even better than you do, and like a loving father He is working everything out for your greatest good! "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28 (KJV). Though it may be hard to see how anything good can come from the storm you are going through now, God is working things out to ultimately bring about great things for you.

Every day I throw out these little prayers to Him out of desperation. God I surrender all my cares, worries and anxieties into Your Hands. Lord I don't know what's going to happen but I trust in You. You are seated on Your throne in Heaven. Seated! You're so chillaxed about everything that you can sit down and still handle everything like a straight up G. I have felt closer to God than I have for a long time. He comes to us in times of trouble. Oftentimes that is when we feel Him most. He has shown me that hey, whatever happens in this trepid little affair of life on the earth, we are going to be with Him in the afterlife. Nice! I got to tell you Heaven is going to be so much better than this place!

What an absolutely fantastic happenstance, to go from infernal eternal fire to life everlasting with our loving God! I can't even fully take that in! If all in my weary life of sorrow and being that were the only gift I received how infinitely fortunate am I! And His Holy Spirit lives in us! He loves us, oh how He loves us. Oh great divine mystery, and fortunate wonder that that the Powers that be are friendly ones and they want to know my name. Streets of translucent gold, pearl gates, mansions to live in, our riches are in Heaven and God is our Treasure of greatest worth!

These thoughts comfort me as life repeatedly kicks me in the nargles and I make a mess of my life, as I generally do. Though I am a cosmic failure, God still loves me and treasures me and will take me Home once I lay my weary head to rest. And I will leave behind my art to try and speak gentle encouraging words to others who life is also kicking in the nargles. Oh, and in the Paradises that be, our lost loved ones we will see! And death has lost his sting. I yearn to see my family, fate cruelly taken, again. In Heaven I will be reunited with those I have lost. Regenerated in Heaven they are living true life, true Reality, being their true selves and utterly complete in their being.

There shall be no more death, no more pain, no more crying anymore in Heaven. We shall go to a better place. Heaven awaits. Spread the news! The more the merrier. Let us plunder Hades and populate Paradise. We can make the most of our mortal lives by telling the empty, lost, sad, searching people of the world of our hope in Christ in Heaven. Then all shall be all, and in Heaven we shall meet, truest joy we shall greet.

Key Takeaways:

-God is working things out for your

good.

-He knows your problems.

-God draws close to us in times of

trouble.

-Heaven is going to be pretty cool.

-We should share our hope in Jesus with

others!