1:00

Hermione Lodge

Her mother is the first person that comes up in her mind. Hermione Lodge, her beautiful and caring mother that loves her, and protects her no matter what.

Veronica's mind wanders to when she was just a baby. She remembers how safe she felt in her mother's gentle arms, she remembers how tenderly she talked to her, she remembers how protective she was of her.

Baby Veronica slowly morphs into child Veronica. She doesn't deny that child Veronica was a brat, and although she knows Hermione Lodge had good intentions to provide the best childhood she could have, Veronica feels her mother should not have spoiled her so much.

"I want a pony," child Veronica whines, and almost immediately, her wish is granted. Her mother builds her a stable and buys two, not one, ponies for the seven year old Veronica.

"Mummy, I'm scared," she hides under her mother's blanket during a particularly loud thunderstorm.

"I'm here, Mija," Hermione says. "I'm always here for you."

Where is she now? Where is her mother when she needed her most?

Fast forward to teen Veronica. Her mother is the only person she trusts during her daddy's arrest. Veronica builds a shield of ice to protect herself from the shower of insults from her school mates and her daddy's business associates.

"Don't worry, Mija, I'll take you somewhere safe," Hermione takes her to Riverdale, a town whose last bit of innocence had died with Jason Blossom.

When her daddy arrives Riverdale, her mother becomes less supportive of Veronica. Everything Hiram does is right, and every time Veronica goes against her father, she is wrong.

Veronica does not miss the little reminders her mother gives her to be cautious of her daddy though. Indeed, her daddy has become the wedge in their mother-daughter relationship, but Veronica still feels her mother's love.

As time goes by, Veronica feels her mother's blind following of her daddy's orders getting more and more ridiculous.

"Stop, Mom, why do you keep letting daddy control you?"

Hermione runs as mayor. Veronica finds out how much she pities her mother, as she does not dare fight against her daddy's decisions. Hermione is forced to keep running for mayor, even though there was an obvious threat to her life.

Veronica cries to her mom about how she was being bullied at school all because of daddy. She explains that the reason she was running for student body president was to protect herself from their family name. Her mummy just gazes at her with heartbreaking pain in her eyes, but does not do much to comfort her.

"Mija, stay back!" Her mother says as she shoots the guy looking for revenge in their house. Her mummy protects her from the son of her daddy's business associate that he had killed. Veronica grows angry that her daddy makes such a mess, yet the ones to clean it up is her mummy and her instead.

She begs her mummy to let her see her boyfriend then—Archie Andrews, who her daddy had imprisoned injustly. Hermione declines.

Her daddy attempts to kill Jughead Jones the second time after his first attempt using the Ghoulies. The second time, Veronica Lodge would not have gotten the dying Jughead Jones to the hospital in time and secretly, if it were not for her mother's help. Hermione distracts Hiram while Veronica stays with Jughead.

Slowly, Veronica falls in love with Jughead and vice versa. Her mother threatens to break them apart, but despite her threats, she proves her love for daughter by helping Jughead sneak out when Hiram unexpectedly comes home.

Her daddy is determined to kill Jughead Jones. Her mummy protects Veronica and Jughead by helping them hide their relationship.

Hermione and Jughead slowly form a bond that Veronica approves of. Her mummy grows fond of her boyfriend.

As the Southside and the Northside continues to fight, her daddy's actions grow more and more extreme, to the point that even her mother starts to protest.

Hermione suggests staying in the Southside with Jughead to escape from her insane, power-hungry daddy. Veronica refuses. She insists on acting as if she agrees with daddy in order to give information to her boyfriend's side.

The day her daddy found out Veronica's traitorous actions, her mother warns her before he finds her. She helps her only daughter flee to Jughead's trailer park to hide.

Veronica misses her mother. Sure, it is great living with her boyfriend, but she wanted her mummy with her. So, her mummy visits her occasionally in secret.

The youngest Lodge remembers their last conversation.

"Mija, Archie Andrews is getting out of prison. I think Hiram is releasing him to cause trouble between Jughead and you. Be careful, Mija. Your daddy is really angry this time."

Veronica places her head in her hands.
Archie Andrews...