2:00

Archie Andrews

Veronica goes through the first time she sees Archie Andrews in her mind. He was sitting with Betty Cooper in a booth at Pops, abandoning conversation with the blond once he saw her. She remembers thinking: he's hot! The only thing stopping her from full-on flirting with the ginger hunk is the frowning blond.

Veronica learns disappointedly that Betty Cooper has been pining after Archie Andrews for years on her first day of school at Riverdale High. She is disappointed, but she does not ruin her reformed queen bee image by snatching Archie away from Betty. Afterall, Betty and Archie are endgame, says Kevin Keller. Veronica now realises that he was right all along.

At the party, during 7 minutes in heaven, Veronica cannot deny she was pleased to have been chosen to go with Archie. She regrets the kiss because of Betty's hurt, but she enjoys it.

Then, somehow, solving the mystery of Jason Blossom brings Veronica and Archie, Betty and Jughead closer. They work together as a team, and slowly, or rather, quickly, they fall in love with each other.

Vixen Veronica and Bulldog Archie make a perfect match. They walk right through the honeymoon period with no problems, until Fred Andrews gets shot.

Archie's obsession with the Black Hood drives Veronica crazy. At first, she fully supports her boyfriend. Veronica admires Archie for loving his father so much that he would vow to take down the Black Hood.

When Archie starts the Red Circle, Veronica honestly thinks it's a bit over the top. However, as a supportive girlfriend, she makes shirts for the Red Circle and goes to their meetings.

It goes way too far when Archie asks her to get a gun he hid from the school toilet. But that's not all. She finds out he went and vandalised the Southside, provoking the Serpents to come over and start a fight with the Red Circle. When she fires a shot in the air, Veronica does not feel badass. She feels afraid that there would be more to come if Archie continues his impulsive actions. Consequently, she forces him to get rid of the gun. They make up when he promises her not to go crazy again.

Once Archie's obssession with the Red Circle ends, it marks the start of his obssession with getting her daddy to like him. Veronica is driven crazy by her daddy's crazy challenges for her boyfriend. She cheers proudly when Archie wins Chuck, who is not in his weight class, in wrestling.

That is far from the end of Veronica's troubles though. When her daddy finally accepts Archie, Archie blindly follows Hiram's requests, and Hiram uses Archie.

Veronica grows worried. She does not want her boyfriend involved in her daddy's shady business. It gets worse when he goes to Pops to serve his daddy's business associates. She knows how dangerous those can be, and she does not want his daddy's enemies knowing Archie.

Their relationship becomes more physical. The lacking emotional depth of their relationship is replaced with a physical relationship. Veronica yearns for a connection, but she does not really know how to communicate with Archie Andrews, which is why their response to everything is...that. With Jughead, though, everything is different... but that's a whole other story.

She is glad when Archie finally breaks away from her daddy's sly hands. He is no longer a puppet of her daddy. She feels relieved, even, when she herself sees through her daddy's lies and breaks away as well.

Veronica supports Fred Andrews to run as mayor. He seems like the better candidate out of the two. Fred really wants to help Riverdale grow, but her mummy—controlled by her daddy—is running for mayor for the sake of increasing profits for their business. Her support of his father brings them closer.

When Archie tells her "I love you", Veronica cannot say it back. She cannot, she does not know why. As their relationship progresses, Veronica slowly finds out why. She does not love him, she likes him only. It was more of a physical attraction than spritual connection.

When she finally tells him she loves her too, she was not lying. Rather, at that moment, she desperately needs to be loved and wants to feel loved. With all the crazy stuff going on in her personal life and Riverdale, Archie Andrews is the perfect candidate to love her.

Archie gets arrested. Veronica tries everything she can to get him out. She negotiates with her daddy to let her see him, but that doesn't work, so she does some secret digging. She does not find evidence that could set Archie free, but she does find something that turned her against her daddy more.

Slowly, since Veronica is not allowed to visit Archie (daddy's strict orders), Betty is the one who visited him. They start becoming closer and closer.

It is a mutual breakup with Archie Andrews. At one point, Veronica is indeed infatuated with him, but it was just not meant to be. Archie and Betty gravitates towards each other, while Jughead and her get to know each other better after her daddy tried to kill him again. They spend every day scheming and digging to try to overthrow Hiram Lodge, and Betty rarely has time to join them, given her occupation with Archie and her mother, who has fallen into the trap of Polly's cult.

Veronica is happy at the fact that she and Archie Andrews still remain good friends after the breakup that had ended on good terms, and she is even happier that Betty Cooper had finally found her true love.

Betty Cooper deserves him.