3:00

Betty Cooper

Her blond bestie. The B to her V. Veronica would say that she would never find another best friend like Betty Cooper.

Veronica Lodge does not click instantly with Betty Cooper. The disapproving look that Betty gives her the first time she sees her at Pops is etched in her mind. Indeed, she is very possesive of what she claims is hers. And she has claimed Archie Andrews.

Betty Cooper brings her on a school tour along with Kevin, who Veronica instantly likes. Veronica thinks it is when she fights for Betty's rights to enter the Vixens, she earns her respect. Betty then claims her as her bestie.

Veronica is pleased to have Betty. She has never had a real friend before she came to Riverdale. Being the Ice Queen that ran her old school, Spence, the people who befriends her are either people who want to be popular, or people who look up to her. Nobody really likes her, guys included. The guys just like her for her appearance.

As a result, Veronica panics when Betty Cooper is mad at her for kissing Archie in the Thornhill closet. She does everything in her power to make Betty forgive her. To her relief, she succeeds with cupcakes, flowers and sincere apologies. They vow to never let another guy get between the inseparable bond of B and V.

Veronica remembers the sleepovers with Betty and how much fun they have. She gives her blond best friend tips on getting Jughead Jones, and Betty tells her what she knows about her childhood friend, Archie, who was also Veronica's boyfriend at the time.

Their relationship starts falling apart when Betty insults Veronica out of the blue at a party. Veronica hides her hurt by pretending everything is okay. She grows even more insecure when Archie Andrews tell her that he kissed Betty. Veronica puts on a facade of 'understanding girlfriend' and reacts calmly at Pops. Inside, she falls apart a little more.

Then came a larger gap between them because of her daddy. It's funny how her daddy manages to penetrate into every relationship of hers. Betty voices her disapproval of Hiram Lodge buying The Register to stifle the voices of Riverdale.

They say after the storm, comes a rainbow. That is true for Betty and Veronica's friendship. After Betty shows her disgust for Veronica when Ethel passed out the flyers at the school presidental election and at the rehearsal of Carrie the musical, Betty apologises for her actions with a sweet hug.

Yet after they make up, Veronica still seems shut out from Betty's problems. She doesn't know about Chic Cooper, she doesn't know about the Black Hood controlling Betty, she doesn't know about Betty's theory of Hal Cooper as the Black Hood. Veronica is not invited to visit Polly's twins. She learns from Cheryl that their names are Juniper and Dagwood, which she thinks is slightly ridiculous.

It is only after Archie gets arrested, Veronica and Betty bond. Betty tells her about her experience with the Black Hood, her sister's weird cult that has a hold on her mother and her mental illness. When Betty decides to break up with Jughead in order to focus more on healing herself, Veronica Lodge is the first person Betty tells. Veronica tells her her demons too. She tells her about her and Archie's relationship, she tells her about her daddy, and she tells her about how alone she feels.

Naturally, Betty Cooper is a little angry at her for getting together with her ex boyfriend Jughead, even though Betty got with Veronica's ex boyfriend as well.

"Veronica, you're such a (Veronica could not bear to repeat what she had called her) Why don't you keep your hands off what's mine? Do you like my sloppy seconds so much?"

One drunk, slip of the tongue is enough to make a crack in the base of the B and V friendship. They do not speak to each other for around a month until Betty finally apologises with a shower of gifts and tears.

The on and off friendship continues. Veronica and Betty team up on the Serpents' side to help Jughead take down Hiram Lodge. By now, Veronica's heart is weary, and she does not know if she can truly trust Betty Cooper again.

Instead, she grows closer with Cheryl Blossom, Betty Cooper's cousin. The three of them, along with Toni, often have sleepovers at Thistle House, staying up late deep talking. Betty confesses she is afraid the darkness inside was taking her.

Betty does not have to worry for long, though, her loving boyfriend, Archie Andrews, helps her find the light inside her to ward off the darkness.

Veronica sees Betty Cooper less and less, as Betty spends more time with Archie, and Veronica stays with Jughead. Veronica also sees more of her redhead best friend, Cheryl Blossom.