5:00

Jughead Jones

Her downfall. Her literal downfall. Call her a hopeless romantic, but Veronica will willingly give everything up for that black haired boy.

Veronica doesn't think much of Jughead when she first sees him. Sure, he's drop dead gorgeous, but brooding loner Mr 'I'm weird. I'm a weirdo' is not Veronica's type. It is when she discovers they both have a love for literature that she starts liking him as a friend.

She does not interact with Jughead much at first, but she does find they have a lot in common. Daddy issues? Check. Literature lovers? Check. Stubborn as hell? Check.

Their interactions are extremely low key. Veronica sometimes joins Jughead at Pops for a meal, or Jughead joins Veronica to read in the library. It is not obvious that the two unlikely pair are friends, if you could call them friends. Most of their time together are spent arguing.

That is why Veronica feels the need to tell Jughead that the gun was not in his dad's trailer when they first searched it. Jughead looks at Veronica like she is his saving grace.

When her daddy arrives Riverdale, she goes to Jughead, not Archie. After all, Archie has such a great relationship with his dad, he would not understand. On the contrary, Jughead understands perfectly. He listens quietly and does not say a word. When things with her dad get harder for Veronica, he confronts her and gives her advice, which Veronica is grateful for.

Their frenemy relationship turns bad when her daddy causes havoc in Riverdale. He criticises her daddy with hatred, which hurt Veronica, who still loved her daddy at the time. Their occasional library/ Pops meetings come to a halt. It gets worse when Jughead starts yelling at Veronica for helping her daddy. The core four break apart.

Veronica intends to fix everything by bringing her friends to the Lodge Lodge. She turns down Cheryl, a mean move, she knows, but she feels it necessary to just invite the three of them. Her original good intentions come to waste as the core four's tension increases.

Jughead knows about the kiss, thanks to Cheryl. Veronica suggests kissing Jughead to level out the playing field on a whim. She is surprised when Jughead responds with equal enthusiasm. Veronica is even more surprised when she enjoys kissing Jughead Jones.

That night, when Veronica bumps into Jughead after going to the toilet, Jughead stares at her and suddenly pulls her into a kiss.

"Just to make sure how awful this whole weird experience is."

Veronica slaps him, but they do not tell Archie or Betty. She secretly likes the kiss.

She likes the Serpents. Originally, she welcomes them with opening arms at Riverdale just because of her daddy's request, but finds she actually quite likes them. Veronica befriends Toni Topaz.

Jughead Jones hates her even more when he finds out how much land her daddy had bought. He holds various protests and writes multiple articles to expose her daddy.

Veronica is particularly hurt when Jughead marches in during Pickens' Day with tape on his mouth as a silent protest with the Serpents. Veronica is left confused in the middle of her singing performance, and feels betrayed that Jughead would publicly embarass her.

Give it your all or nothing. This is one of Veronica's motto. Maybe this is one of the reasons why she is so stubborn.

When Jughead Jones almost dies, Veronica cries at Jughead's hospital bed. At that moment, Veronica vows to stop helping her daddy and start helping the Serpents save Riverdale. She does not get any sleep until Jughead wakes up.

Veronica loses everything just to buy the White Wyrm for Jughead from her daddy. She loses everything for a boy who hates her. Veronica does not know why.

It is as if Veronica redeems herself from her daddy's sins through her purchase of the White Wyrm. She starts slowly gaining the Serpents' respect and Jughead starts hanging out with her at Pops again.

Their hangouts at Pops are no longer about their affinity for literature. They meet to discuss her daddy's plans and their tactics to stop Hiram from taking over Riverdale.

When Archie gets arrested, Veronica is surprised that Jughead would come to comfort her. He finds her unexpectedly at Pops, with tears silently flowing down her cheeks, and he slides in beside her to put an arm around her.

She finds it hard to believe when she wakes up in Jughead's flannel jacket over her at Pops the next morning. Jughead is gone, but she sees a note taped to a cup of hot chocolate.

'You need this.' The note says in his handwriting.

Veronica smiles as she sips the warmth, but the hot chocolate will never be as warm as her heart after being comforted by Jughead Jones.