Chapter 35

Peter POV

I try wrapping my arms around Jakie to calm her down, but she just flinches out of it every time.

"I don't want to be near anyone. If you're gonna sleep in here, it's gonna be on the floor!" She snaps.

"Okay," I reply softly as I remove a pillow and blanket from the bed. I make my way to the floor and try to get as comfortable as possible. I drift off into a dreamless sleep wondering what I got myself into and how I will explain to Aunt May why I was gone for all this time... I did tell her I was going to be staying at friends Up North house for a while, after all, it is the summer. Well, the end of the summer anyway. Next year I'm going to be a junior... Wow... Time is going by so fast... I remember it just like yesterday when I first got my powers and now it's been almost a whole year since I first discovered them. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm in a peaceful sleep when I'm up by a scream I bold upright and look at Jakie who is curled up in a ball sobbing. I gingerly get on the bed and she must notice my presence because she hastily wipes her tears away before turning to face me.

"Bad dream?" I as and she nods.

"I was reliving Newt's death, but instead of him... It was you," She sobs into my chest.

"I'm here now and I'm not going anywhere," I console her and eventually she's cried herself to sleep in my arms. I move her so she's under the covers and lay down next to her my arms wrapped around her protectively. Soon, I fall into a dreamless sleep.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning, I wake up to someone jumping on the bed. I groan and open my eyes, rubbing the sleep from them.

"What the hell, Emily?" I yell at her but she just chuckles. I roll over so that I'm on the other side of the bed and she tackles a sleeping Jakie.

"What the fuck, Em?" She screams as her eyes flash yellow and her claws extend. Emily giggles but backs away in fear remembering last time Jakie lost control

"Jakie Rae... Calm down," She says backing out of the room.

"I am calm. Don't wake me up!" She growls and I hug her from behind trying to calm her. Soon, her eyes return to their normal, hazel color and I kiss her on the cheek before getting off the bed and heading to the kitchen where Emily is making oatmeal, by the smell of it.

Emily POV

Something seemed off about Jakie when she 'turned'. Her eyes blotched out and faded away instead of slowly sinking back into her regular eye color. Something seems fishy... I hope I can keep an eye on her.

"Want some coffee to go with it?" Peter offers to break me out of my thoughts so I nod my head while ladling the oatmeal into two bowls I get out from the cupboards. I don't bother to get Jakie a bowl as she will probably not eat breakfast. I don't like it and it's not particularly healthy, but it's not like I shove the food down her throat. Well... Maybe Peter can... I smirk to myself at my hilarious yet seriously disgusting thought.

"How'd you sleep?" I ask as he makes the caffeinated drink.

"Okay... Woke up in the middle of the night because Jakie had a nightmare and the fact that I was sleeping on the floor." Peter starts.

"Why were you sleeping on the floor? How did you get back in bed then?" I add.

"JC wanted to be alone and that was the only way we could share a room. I woke up and she cried herself to sleep in my arms." He explains.