❧ three

lim jaebeom sighed deeply.

okay, so maybe it wasn't as great as he was hoping it to be. he had to continuously walk in and out from behind the counter, showing the confused customers where things were, or how they worked.

this little kid kept kicking his legs, and jaebeom was ready to drop kick this little brat across the world.

"honey, don't kick the nice mans legs." the mother said, holding onto her child's hand.

"but mom, he's ugly. his eyes are so small." the small boy said, and jaebeom was about to do it. he closed his eyes and inhaled deeply, exhaling slowly as well.

"i'm so sorry sir." the woman said, picking her child up. "young man, you do not talk to people that way!"

he walked back to behind the desk, rubbing his forehead with a sigh.

"JAEBEOM, HIDE ME!" bambam yelped, jumping over the top of the desk and hiding under it.

"um.. why?" jaebeom furrowed his eyebrows, looking down at bambam with confusion. he was holding a nerf gun for some reason.

"shh.." bambam said, pressing a finger against his plump lips.

"uh, okay." jaebeom shrugged, hoping woozi would come soon.

"bambam! i think mark saw us!" yugyeom yelled, running down towards the counter. bambam gasped and jumped up, running with him.

"ARE YOU HAVING A NERF GUN WAR?!" mark yelled, chasing after the two youngest.

"QUICK, CODE RED! WE'VE GOT A NINER ON OUR SIX!" bambam hollered, cocking the toy gun while dashing away with yugyeom.

"BAMBAM WHAT THE FUCK DOES THAT MEAN?!" yugyeom yelled, almost missing the abrupt turn that bambam took down aisle 7.

"IT MEANS YOU GUYS ARE DEAD!" mark said, eventually catching the two boys, holding the backs of their shirts, which choked them a bit.

"no!" bambam choked out, dropping to his knees dramatically. jaebeom had followed them, wanting to see what would happen. yugyeom fake cried and fell to his knees as well, the two falling down at the same time. they clung onto each other, pretending to be struggling for life.

a customer was about to walk down the aisle, but slowly backed away after seeing whatever the hell was going on.

"it was a good ride, buddy." yugyeom said, pretending to be weak and pat his shoulder.

"it's too late.. baby it's too late.. though we really did try to make it.." bambam said dramatically, reaching for the ceiling, then dropping his arm onto his chest.

jackson and youngjae came out from another aisle, both holding nerf guns as well. 'ain't no mountain high enough' blasted from jackson's phone, the two pointing their toy guns up to the ceiling.

they shot their guns off at the same time, the darts smacking back down to the ground.

"REVIVAL!" jackson and youngjae shouted, dashing off as yugyeom and bambam scrambled up as quick as possible, dashing away from mark.

jaebeom really just wasn't sure what to do. so much was happening all at once.

"i give up." mark said, inhaling deeply. "i worship our lord and savior beyoncé and this is the thanks i get?"

"beyoncé?" jaebeom choked, holding back his laughter.

"get back to your station before i kill you." mark said, and jaebeom immediately stopped laughing, speed walking back to his post.

"it really be that way sometimes.." jackson sighed, tipping back in his chair as mark glared at him.

"you're actually so lucky the manager hasn't fired you yet." mark muttered, bambam scoffing.

"oh please! how could he fire this?" bambam said, standing up from his seat and starting to twerk. youngjae laughed crazy fucking loud, and yugyeom smacked bambam's ass, who moaned loudly, for 'irony.'

jaebeom took a sip of his apple juice, missing the straw at first, but succeeding the second try.

"are you drinking from a juice box?" bambam asked, after sitting down from his show. "aren't you like, 22?"

"says the one who was playing with barbies and making them fuck." jaebeom scoffed, sipping his juice.

"that's some piping hot tea." jinyoung yelped. he actually burned his mouth on the tea he sipped.

what the actual fuck is up with walmart?

"i complimented your abs and you disrespect me like this?" bambam gasped, placing a hand on his chest. jaebeom rolled his eyes and shrugged.

"we love and stan a tea spilling new guy." jackson said, clapping him on the back a little too hard.

the door burst open with a guy who looked like the asian chicken little standing there, doing that 't-pose' meme pose, yelling loudly.

"god has arrived." the male said, now straightening back up and walking over to the fridge.

"ew, it's jae." mark sighed.

"okay, mark, shut up." jae said, dashing back out again for literally no reason.

"don't mind jae, he's weird." yugyeom said.

"and you aren't?" jaebeom furrowed his eyebrows, clearly remembering the nerf gun thing.

yugyeom scoffed. "i'm not!"

"you pretended to die after mark grabbed you."

"it was part of the game, you don't understand."

"yeah! mark is the enemy and if he catches us we die." bambam grinned, wrapping an arm around yugyeom's shoulder. jaebeom watched with curiosity as yugyeom casually picked bambam up and sat him on his lap. bambam continued eating his food as if nothing happened.

"they do that a lot." youngjae said. "we've learned to ignore it."

"okay.. anyways, i'm gonna go back to work, break is over.. bye." jaebeom smiled awkwardly, grabbing his trash and throwing it away, quickly walking out.

before he walked out, he heard mark say, "guys, do you think jaebeom would deep throat a door knob?"

"for sure." everyone said.

it was only 1 and jaebeom had witnessed so many things he never thought he would. he really needed time to process this stuff.

especially that last statement, what the fuck?