01 ➵ BLINK OF AN EYE | JIMIN

GENRE: fluff, fluff, fluff and fluff + a taste of mochi + more fluff bc yes it's renn, no surprise

MAIN: park jimin, you

WARNINGS: too much sugar it might give you diabetes

SUMMARY: and in the blink of an eye, you found yourself holding your entire world in your arms, never to let go.

WORD COUNT: 2677

NOTE: this is for the girl who's officially been with me for one year -- trina, i love you so much and thank you so much for all the happy memories you gave me and all the smiles you put on my face! i can't thank you enough for existing. you're always there to listen to me and we scream and talk about so much stuff together, it's sort of hard to believe we were so awkward in the beginning. i finished this within like 2-3 days??? but it would have been almost as long as the other one i've been planning for you if only i hadn't been so busy. anyway, love, ilysm, and happy one year !! <3

ㅡ ♡ ㅡ 

THE SKY WAS ALMOST AS BRIGHT AS HIS SMILE.

Even the stars seemed to tell you something amazing was going to happen, almost as if it was predicting the future itself – and all you could do was release a breath you hadn't realized you'd been holding, showing up as puffs of steam in the cold winter night.

You pulled your coat closer to you, wrapping your scarf around your neck even more tightly. It was all you could do to stay warm. Though on the outside you were freezing to death, your heart simply warmed at the thought of him, like he'd heard your calls and relit the fire in your heart – you secretly smiled as you pictured his big smile when he saw you, how tightly both of you would hold each other, because no doubt, you both simply meant the universe to each other.

Sitting down on the bench in the park, you set down your backpack, taking a look at the scenery around you. The trees rustled in the crisp, cold wind, which bit at the bare skin on your hands and left you with numb fingers with absolutely no feeling in them. The starry night sky smiled down at you reassuringly, twinkling and blinking back at you from what seemed like right next to you at your grasp – but what in reality, was a million light-years away.

The pond glittered in the dim starlight, reflecting back almost eerie shadows of the environment surrounding it. There was simply something so magical about the place, ­their ­place – sort of like it knew this was where their happiness would live and strive, like a typical happily-ever-after ending. And at that moment, you had absolutely no regrets travelling all the way here from Europe – everything was breathtaking and so perfect, just like him.

The park was so different in winter to what he – Jimin – had described to you, with varieties of colourful flowers dotting the green grass, cold, wet and soft underneath the bare feet of children who'd run around chasing each other. He'd simply described how the clouds would travel by, the blue stretched out over the city, the leaves on the trees gently swaying to the cool, refreshing spring breeze of February. You guess you should have been prepared for it – everything seemed to change during winter, especially at night.

And now, as you look back up at the twinkling dots of light above you, you were reminded how quickly a year flew by. It took you back to that very day, the day your entire life completely changed, the day he showed up and had been with you ever since then, almost like you both were fated to each other.

Back to March. The way he'd so randomly popped up and started spamming your entire graphic design collection – his votes and encouraging comments entirely flooding your notifications had left you overwhelmed, to which you could only reply "thank you" with flustered hearts here and there. He'd asked you so many questions, and you couldn't help but smile at his cuteness, him being almost like a child because of his curiosity. You ended up following him – it seemed so tempting, and somehow, something inside you seemed to tell you that you two would get along amazing ­– he was so supportive and so friendly and approachable, and you always appreciated people who appreciated you.