04 ➵ MY STAR BOY | HYUNJIN

GENRE: fluff and uwus and softness

MAIN: hwang hyunjin, you

WARNINGS: malaak can't write 

WORD COUNT: 998 words

NOTE: this is to my one and only, nita !! happy birthday, bb, i hope you have a splendid day today !! we met very recently but we've become rlly good friends and u were there through my struggles and i really really appreciate u for that. this is super rushed n all but i hope u like it nonetheless <33 i really had to give u something, i couldnt miss the chance. anyway , ilysm nita <33 thank u so much for everything.

ㅡ ♡ ㅡ

23:32

181011

You never understood the whole hype around road-tripping, but now you could feel it – the adrenaline still coursing through your veins, your grip on Hyunjin's waist not ceasing to loosen, the wind biting at your bare skin as you continued driving into the night.

"So? Do you regret coming?" Hyunjin had to scream to be heard over the rush of the wind, but you could still make out his voice – and you yelled back in reply, a bright smile etching itself onto your lips despite the cold eating away at your face.

"I definitely don't!"

You never thought that taking a drive underneath the night skies in mid-autumn would be anything worth remembering, but here you were – sitting behind your boyfriend Hyunjin, hands tight around his waist, shivering from the cold but enjoying the warmth radiating off of the boy sitting in front of you – a drive under the millions of stars in the night sky, the wind brittle and cold, Hyunjin driving at the perfect speed on the highway.

You hadn't initially been planning to do anything that evening, but when Hyunjin showed up at your doorstep with two helmets, in a rider's jacket, twirling his keys around his finger, you had no choice but to join him, only wearing a worn-out Winnie The Pooh t-shirt and a pair of ripped jeans that had clearly stated a home day.

The moment you open the door, he grabs your hand, pulling you down the driveway, your sandals smacking the half-frozen concrete.

"Come with me, you won't regret it," was the only thing he says, excitedly.

Now, you knew how happy Hyunjin was. He'd only recently passed his driver's tests and gotten his licence, and you didn't want to disappoint him. You surrendered, not feeling any interested in coming along, but trying to make it seem like there was nothing you'd have liked more.

You weren't acting anymore.

Just the fact that Hyunjin chose you for his first drive, on his new motorbike, made you feel emotional – it really showed how much he valued you as a person. You smiled, leaning your head against his back.

"Hey, we should take a break," Hyunjin said, suddenly, his fingers gripping the brakes as he brought the bike to a stop as he exited the highway.

"Here, I have a blanket under my seat. I know you're cold." As you stepped off the bike hesitantly, Hyunjin paused and pulled you into a warm hug – and you felt yourself melt into his embrace as you hugged him tighter, your chin snug on his shoulder. You breathed in the sweet smell of his berry cologne, smiling to yourself.

After a while, Hyunjin let go, returning to his bike. He turned the key around once in the ignition, and there was a soft click as the seat opened – before you knew it, the two of you were lying on the soft grass of a clearing right where the highway ended, cuddled under a warm cotton blanket, gazing at the stars sprinkled in the sky.

"Could I have given you a better birthday gift, hm, (Y/N)?" Hyunjin whispered, his eyes meeting yours. You snorted, a hint of a smile carving itself onto your lips.

"I don't think so."

"Isn't it beautiful here?" It truly was. The sky, the soft grass, the wind, the peace. Even in the monstrosity of this weather, you felt amazing – there was nowhere else you'd have chosen to be.

"It is. Not as beautiful as you, though."

There was a moment of silence before Hyunjin giggled, his entire body shaking as uncontrollable laughter took over. Your heartbeat increased rapidly, threatening to bust your ribcages – you had a giant soft spot for him and his giggles, and if he continued, you couldn't stand it.

"You're so lame, (Y/N)." He said silently, wiping away tears that had sprung to his eyes from his excessive laughter.

"But I love you so much." He threw an arm around you and pulled you closer to him.

"I know you do, Hyunjin." You gazed at him lovingly. There was something about him that drew you in, every day, every minute, every second – maybe it was the way his eyes crinkled up every time he laughed, or the way he carried the entire starry sky in his deep brown eyes – Hwang Hyunjin truly had galaxies coursing through his veins, stardust glittering in his orbs and the whole of the blue sky buried in his heart.

Hyunjin broke the comfortable silence lingering between the two of you, opening his phone and glancing at the time. The two of you sat up, the blanket falling onto your laps.

"Oh, it's two past twelve." Hyunjin's face lit up with a bright smile. He looked at you, his eyes piercing into your soul – and he leaned in, his lips gently brushing yours. Surprised, at first you felt hesitant – then you closed the distance between you and him, kissing him passionately. It was soft, sweet, slow and emotional – you could taste the bubblegum Hyunjin had been chewing earlier – but you didn't mind. It was perfect. And your romantic ass was living for it.

Hyunjin was the one to break the kiss, slightly out of breath, a hint of red smattered across his cheeks, inevitable to spot in the faint starlight.

"Happy birthday, love."

And at that moment, you realized – the love you had for Hyunjin was more than what the sun felt towards the moon – you loved him to a great extent, you really did. You leant your head on his shoulder, a breath of happiness escaping your lips. 

Hwang Hyunjin, a boy of made of stars and galaxies and comets and stardust – a boy you'd give everything up for. 

"Thank you, Hyunjin."

You truly meant it. You gently kissed his cheek, leaving him flattered.

Starboys, they say. A man who likes the company of more than one woman at a time.

Nah, Hyunjin isn't one.

He's a true Star Boy. 

My Star Boy.