03 ➵ THE FIRST STAR (a wish for you and me) | JIMIN

GENRE: fluff, fluff, fluff and more fluff (and lots of sentimentality bc jisung rubbed his shit off into me)

MAIN: park jimin, you

WARNINGS: lmao you're going to want to die after this oof
might give you diabetes 

WORD COUNT: 1353

NOTE: this is for one of my bestest of friends, trina !! happy birthday, love, i hope you had a splendid day (even though i'm posting this, like super late but it's still 22nd for us hdjkdsh) i was originally working on something a lot better than this rushed asf oneshot (and you'll get it next year ayyy ;] ) but hdsjkdsh i just wanted to give you something. you've been such an amazing friend and i've made countless memories with you, and i'd never thought we'd come this far!! thank you for everything and i love you so much ♡

  ㅡ ♡ ㅡ 

The soft strands of starlight peeking in through the tight crack in the curtains, covering the dusty panes of the windows currently shut, and the sounds of nothing else but the gentle rustle of the leaves on the tree outside your window, the chirping of crickets and the gentle hum of the air conditioner in your room brought you a sense of peace which you haven't been able to win over in quite a while. You found yourself smiling, almost, just almost – a small tug at your lips, but a smile nonetheless.

The day looking face-first at you currently was none other than your 15th birthday. A soft sigh of realization escaped your pink lips as you cuddled your duvet closer to you, a call of desperation for warmth that you so badly wanted. Your fingers curled around the freezing frame of your phone, anticipating the moment you'd hear his voice again. The clock ticked to four minutes past eleven.

As if on cue, he was all you could think about. The years you'd grown up together. The way he used to play with your pigtails back in elementary, saying there was nothing cuter. How he used to sneak you answers when you did quizzes in middle school, even when he knew he'd get in trouble. How he used to drag you to the rooftop of the school in the dead of night, just to show you the stars in high school.

And then he'd left. Just like that.

You missed his light blue eyes, so ethereal and always glittering with emotion – a thousand depths of blue, grey from one angle, blue from the other. You missed his soft black hair, sometimes in tight curls, other times a straight velvet curtain on his eyes. You missed his oversized shirts and his adorable sweater paws, and the way he consistently smelled of Johnson's baby cologne. You missed his enchanting smile, the way his eyes crinkled up into crescents whenever he did so. You missed his mellifluous voice, listening to him sing under the starlight. You missed holding his warm hands, the strolls you'd take in the spring sunsets through the park. You missed him, you missed him a lot – you wanted him and him only, and there was nothing else you longed for.

The vibration from your phone threw you off and you blinked, scrambling for your phone. Your finger swiped to accept automatically and the voice you heard immediately had you in tears.

"ㅡ YOU OKAY?"

No, you found yourself thinking. No.

"I'm late, aren't I?"

"No," you whispered. "No, you aren't, Jimin."

"I'm so sorry, I must have kept you waiting." You just wanted to hold him in your arms and tell him that it was okay, over and over.

"Your birthday is in another forty-five minutes, (Y/N)," Jimin's voice spoke in your ear.

"I know." You cut him off. You didn't want to tell him. You just didn't want to admit how much you missed him.