not a forever thing // sp

"Do you think things will ever go back to the way they used to be?" you whispered. Both you & sweet pea were laying in the dark, in his bed on your backs, staring at the ceiling.

"What things?" he asked.

"Things between us? Do you think they'll ever be like they were? Before the lies and fighting all the time?" you said playing with the strings of your hoodie.

"I don't know." he sighed.

"Do you want us to go back to how we used to be?"

"I don't know, y/n." he whispered.

"I'm going to ask you another question, Sweet Pea. This time answer with a yes or a no. No i don't know. Yes or no." you said growing frustrated by his lack of care he showed while discussing your relationship. He didn't say anything, just waited in silence for you to ask what you wanted to ask him.

"Do you still want to be with me?" you finally asked. Sweet Pea sighed running his hand through his hair, but didn't say anything.

"Right," you whispered, more to yourself as you say up and swung your legs off the side of the bed, "i should go."

"I didn't even answer your question." he said making you stop.

"Silence is an answer, Sweet Sea. And that answer is no." you said looking back at him over your shoulder.

"Had you asked me if i still wanted to be with you, i wouldn't have hesitated to say yes." you said turning so that you were sat facing him on the bed.

"I guess, we're just not meant to be together forever like everyone thought." you & Sweet Pea had been together since middle school. Obviously off and on because what middle schooler has a table relationship, but the two of you stuck together. You were each other's first kiss, he took you out on your first date, which was his first date too. You lost your virginity to each other. You guys were inseparable. Your 8th grade year before you all went off to high school, your friends voted you most likely to get married. They thought the two of you would be together forever, that nothing would could tear you two apart. They were obviously wrong.

You leaned over and placed one last kiss on sweet pea's cheek, "goodbye, sweet pea." you whispered, standing up from the bed and walking to his bedroom door. He didn't call after for you to stop. He didn't get out of his bed and chase after you. He didn't do anything. He just laid there and watched you leave, listened to his front door close shut softly but not before he heard you sniffle a bit though you tried your best to hide it.

You walked across the gravel road to Toni's seeing that her lights were still on. You didn't knock, Toni told you that her trailer was your trailer, that you never needed to knock. When you walked in, you shut the door behind you and walked straight to her bedroom finding her laying in her pjs watching a movie. She saw your broken expression as you stood in her doorway trying not to bust out in full sobs.

"Oh, honey. what happened?" she asked gesturing for you to come to her. You crawled into her bed, laying your head on her chest allowing the tears to fall freely as she comforted you.

"He doesn't want me anymore." you sobbed making Toni's heart break for you as she held you a little bit tighter and shushed your crying. Soon you fell asleep which allowed Toni to reach over & grab her phone sending fangs a text y/n and sweet pea just broke up. you should go check on him. Fangs immediately left his trailer, walking fast to sweet pea's and pounding on the door.

"What are you doing here, man? it's late." Sweet Pea said groggily as he opened the door.

"What do you mean 'what am i doing here'. I came to see if you were okay. Toni text me that you and y/n broke up." he said pushing past Sweet Pea to stand in his living room.