i deserve more // rm

Reggie and Veronica have been having issues recently with their relationship. He was second guessing everything and Veronica was staying pretty emotionless - strictly business.

"Reggie, what the hell is going on?" Veronica asked from behind the bar.

"Your bozo boy-toy here thought it was wise to try to steal his car back before we settled our debt." Gladys answered. Veronica's face held a look of disbelief and anger.

"Mrs. Jones, perhaps i can make it up to you in some way." She offered.

"Now, how are you going to do that?"

"Your husbands 50th at La Bonne Nuit. Let me cover the expenses for that."

"Done, but keep your arm candy off my damn property." and with that, Gladys walked out. Reggie and Veronica talked for a second before Reggie finally lost his cool.

"Damn it, Veronica, i gave you everything. I wanted to get my damn car back at least." Reggie stormed out and found himself at your door, which was shocking to the both of you. You broke up almost a year ago, right before Archie left. It broke your heart even more seeing Reggie with Veronica, but you got over it though you weren't sure he had fully gotten over you.

"Reggie? What're you doing here?" you asked as you opened the door.

"Can we talk?" he asked. You motioned for him to come in and shut the door behind him. Following him into the living room, you sat down on the couch next to him and asked what was wrong.

"I don't know what to do about Veronica and i. I know you probably don't want to hear about this but you're the only one i thought i could talk to." You spent hours talking with Reggie, well really just listening. Reggie spent the whole time ranting really but you let him. It seemed like he needed it.

"It sounds to me like you already know what you need to do, Reg." you said softly rubbing his arm. He nodded and later that night, made his way back to La Bonne Nuit to talk to Veronica.

"I want to be more than just your errand boy. Or pit boss. Or casual hookup. I want to matter, Ronnie." he pleaded.

"You do matter." Veronica was cut off by Reggie scoffing but she continued anyway, "and, lest we forget, i just went through a wrenching breakup just a few months ago. So yeah, i'm taking things slow." she explained.

"Answer me honestly, would we even be dating if not for the speakeasy?"

"Probably not, but i'm glad we are, aren't you?" she answered softly.

"I've given up so much for you. I feel like you owe me, and i'm not getting an ounce in return."

"In that case, i bought your car back from Gladys." She handed Reggie the keys, "now we don't owe each other anything." Reggie shook his head and walked out of La Bonne Nuit,completely in disbelief. He went to talk to Veronica with the intentions of at least trying to fix them, but leaving single and even more angry than he was before. He drove around town in his car, happy that he got it back but still angry with the situation and how it went. He ended up back at your place and knocking on the front door yet again.

"Back with good news i hope?" you asked leaning against the door frame.

"Well i hope so. Veronica and i broke up and it made me realize that i missed you more than i thought and when we broke up, i was using Veronica as a rebound to somehow get over you, but that never happened." he gave you hopeful eyes. A smile found its way on your lips, grabbing his jacket and pulling him into your house, planting your lips on his. Wanting nothing more than to feel that familiar feeling that you've been missing for a long time.