twenty-two

One month later, I was sitting on the bathroom floor all alone. Harry had taken George outside to spend the warm, sunny day together, and meanwhile I stayed behind as I'd been feeling ill for the last few days. 

My reaction was the same like it was with George. I was happy, yet I was scared and nervous. Were we really ready to have another baby? We only all moved in together a month ago, George had just met his father only half a year ago, and now we were already bringing a new baby into our family? 

At around four in the afternoon, I heard Harry and George return. I sat on mine and Harry's bed when George ran into the room and jumped onto the bed and hugged me. 

"Mummy!" he exclaimed as he tackled me down. 

"Did you and Daddy have fun?" I asked. 

"Yeah!" he exclaimed. 

"And where is he now? Is he downstairs?" 

"Yes, cause he said he's gonna make food," replied George. "And guess what, Mummy?" 

"What?" 

"I saw a pretty girl at the park," he smiled. "And she's my girlfriend now." 

"Really? And what's her name?" 

"Uh, I don't know," 

"You don't know your girlfriend's name?" I laughed, making George laugh with me. "You're too precious. But d'you wanna hear a little secret? You gotta promise me you won't run and tell Daddy, alright?" 

"Okay," he said, and I could see him getting curious and all smiley. 

"You've gotta come here and I'll whisper it to you," George crawled closer to me and I leaned in towards his ear and said, "Mummy has a baby in her tummy, and that means you're gonna be a big brother." 

I leaned away to catch his reaction. His reaction consisted of a wide smile and him looking back and forth between my face and my belly. 

"Really?" he asked, still grinning. 

"Yes, really," I smiled at him. "Are you excited?" 

"Yeah," he said, looking at my belly again. 

"If you want to, we could call Daddy upstairs right now and tell him?" I suggested and he nodded. "But you gotta promise me that you won't say anything before I say it's okay? We want it to be a surprise, remember?" 

"Yeah, a surprise," he repeated to let me know he understood. 

"Should we call him upstairs now?" I asked. 

"Yes!" 

"Do you want to do it?" 

George didn't even hesitate before he shouted as loud as he could, "Daddy!" 

Harry came upstairs shortly after and walked into the bedroom. George grinned at him, but I could tell he was trying his absolute best to keep quiet about the news. 

"What are you so smiley about?" Harry asked, messing up George's hair and sitting down on the bed beside me, resting his head on my shoulder. 

"George and I have something to tell you," I said, taking Harry's hand and stroking his back of it. "George, wanna tell Daddy what you are going to be very soon?" 

"But you said I couldn't say," George replied. "You said I have to wait until you say it's okay." 

"Well, it's okay to say it now," I chuckled. "Wanna tell him now? What are you going to be soon, Georgie?" 

"I'm going to be a big brother," George said, looking back and forth between me and Harry. I looked at Harry, too, to catch his reaction. 

"You're telling me you're going to be a big brother?" Harry raised his eyebrows at George, who nodded eagerly whilst still smiling widely. "So that means..." 

Suddenly, Harry sat up on the bed and turned his torso so he was facing me. 

"Is this for real?" he asked with a surprised expression on his face. "You better not be messing with me right now." 

"It's for real, Harry," I said, opening the drawer on the night stand and pulling out two positive pregnancy tests and showing them to them. "I found out earlier today." 

Harry looked at both pregnancy tests, and shortly after I saw a single tear fall down his cheek before he tackled me into a hug. George was quick to join us in the hug too and insisted on having his hand placed on my belly. 

"I'll be here this time," Harry whispered in my ear. "God I'm so happy right now." 

"Really? I was so nervous to tell you because I didn't know whether you'd be happy or not. I mean, we just moved in together and it's not long since you met George for the first time," I said. 

"Of course I'm happy, babe," he smiled. "I love you, I love George, and I love this little human right in there. This is a chance for me to do things better, to actually be there for my girlfriend and my now two children." 

"I love you too, Daddy," George piped in, now resting his head on top of my belly. "And I love my little brother. And mummy." 

"Wait, why do you think you're having a little brother?" Harry chuckled. "What if it's a girl? You might be getting a little sister." 

"No, I'm not. It has to be a boy," he said. "Mummy, you'll make sure it's a boy, right?" 

"Honey, there's no way to make sure that it's a boy. For all we know, the baby could be a girl," I replied. "But you'll still love your little sibling either way, right?" 

"Maybe," he answered, making both me and Harry laugh. 

Harry leaned in towards my ear and said, "I can't wait to be having another baby with you. I love you so much." 

---------

hope you guys like this :))

please follow my new Instagram account: jellybeanniall 

- m i a h.