twenty-five

A week passed, and before we knew it, the day was here. We were finally going to find out if we were having another little boy or a little girl. All of our family were gathered at our place, including a few of our friends. Because of George I'd fallen out of touch with most of my friends, but I was happy that they still wanted to come and share this day with me. 

Harry also decided he wanted to invite his old bandmates, including the sons of Liam and Louis. None of them had met George yet, and he was really excited to introduce his son to them. The inner fangirl in me was thriving at the fact that they'd all be back together, even though it was just for an afternoon. 

Clara and Gemma were both in charge of the gender reveal. Besides my doctor, they were the only people who knew the gender of the baby, and had provided a big balloon filled with either blue or pink confetti that they were currently setting up in the backyard. 

Meanwhile, my mum and Anne were in the kitchen decorating the cake, while my dad was playing with George on the swings. The rest of our guests were all chatting to each other and catching up, and the only ones we were waiting for were a couple of my friends and the boys of One Direction. 

First of them to arrive was Liam, Cher and their two-month-old son Bear. Only a few minutes later Niall, Louis and Louis' son Freddie arrived. Freddie was a little over a year old, and I was excited to see how George would get along with him. 

I'd missed these boys than I realized, and seeing them again made me super happy, and it brought joy to George as well. He loved their music and always listened to them, so he recognized them straight away. From that point on, he wouldn't leave Niall's side, but he didn't seem to mind. He went outside with George and played with him. 

While Harry caught up with the other two members, I soaked up every moment I got with baby Bear. Bear was only a couple months old, and I almost shed a tear realizing that in just a few months, I'd have another one of these in my life. 

After handing Bear back to Liam, I headed outside to check on George. I smiled at the sight of him playing on the grass with Freddie. Freddie was almost one and a half, and I loved seeing how gentle George was with him. He'd rip some grass of the ground and give it to Freddie, then he'd proceed to pat his head. 

"You okay?" Harry appeared next to me. "You're crying again." 

"Hormones," I said, quickly wiping away my tears. "Look at them, Harry. Imagine when that'll be George and his little sibling. He's gonna be the best big brother." 

Harry put his arms around me and kissed my temple. "You've done a good job with him. You should be very proud of yourself." 

"You don't think he'll be jealous, do you? When the baby comes? He's had me for himself for four years, and now he's gotten used to have us both to himself. I don't hope he'll feel neglected when there's another." 

"We'll deal with that when it happens. If it happens," he replied. "The last of your friends arrived a few minutes ago, so what do you say we gather everyone in the backyard? You go get George, and I'll have everyone come outside." 

I gave him a nod and a kiss before heading outside over to George and Freddie. "Hey, we're about to find if you're having a brother or a sister, so maybe we should go and find Freddie's daddy?" 

I picked up Freddie and carried him on my hip while my other hand was holding George's. I located Louis and headed over to him, handing Freddie over to him. I stood and chatted with Louis for a few minutes before Harry motioned for me to head over to him. Everything seemed to be ready for us to find out our baby's gender. 

George and I walked over to him, and Harry picked the little buy up. Gemma had given him the pin we were gonna use to pop the balloon and everyone was not gathered in the backyard. 

"I wanna say a few words before we do this," Harry said, handing me the pin so he wouldn't accidentally hurt George. "I want to thank all of you for coming here and be with us on this special day. Today's the day we find out if little George here is gonna have a little brother or a little sister, and I think he might be more excited to know than we are. What do you think the baby is, Georgie?" 

"Boy," he said. "or no, I think it's a girl." 

"You think it's a girl now? I thought you didn't want the baby to be a girl?" 

Everyone let out a little laugh. 

"If it's a girl then mummy won't be alone. Because we're boys, and she's a girl," George said, making my heart melt. 

"I seriously don't believe you're only four years old," Harry said, giving his son a little tickle. "Now, let's get to it. You ready, babe?" 

I nodded as Gemma and Clara brought the balloon over to us. Harry held it while it became my job to pop the balloon. We waited for everyone to start filming before I put the pin against the balloon, revealing a whole bunch of pink confetti falling to the ground.