twenty-three

"So, I signed George up for a football team," I said to Harry one evening, a little over a month after we found out I was pregnant. We had gone to the hospital the day after to find out how far along I was, and we were told that I was eight weeks, meaning we were now done with the first trimester. 

Since a lot of things could go wrong in the first trimester, we decided to wait until we entered the second trimester before telling people, which we were about to begin doing. 

"Really?"

"Yeah. He's been talking about football a lot lately, and I just thought to myself; why not?" I replied. "You've said yourself he's pretty good when you two are playing in the backyard." 

"I'm telling you; that kid could become the next top football player. He dribbled me the other day and I didn't even see it coming. I was just left standing there, mouth open and my eyebrows furrowed. I'd just gotten dribbled by a four year old." 

"Maybe we should just have nine more kids and then we'll have a whole football team," I smiled. "And we'll coach them. Just imagine a little army of Styles children running around on the field, outplaying teams like Liverpool. Wouldn't that be fun?" 

"This is why I love you," he said, chuckling. "You have the craziest ideas, yet make them sound good. But, now it's my turn to come up with a fun idea. And trust me, I actually think you're gonna like this one."

"Okay, what is it?" 

"So, you've seen those videos on YouTube with those gender reveals? Like, the mother gets a blood test to determine the baby's gender and then the doctor sends the results to a close friend or a sibling, and then that person either hides pink or blue balloons inside a box or something like that?" 

"You're telling me that Harry Edward Styles wants to have a gender reveal party? That's something I never in a million years thought I'd hear you say." 

"I actually really want to. I wasn't there at all when you were pregnant with George, so I want to make the most out of this one. We could have my sister and your sister arrange the whole thing! And we'll invite all of our friends and family. What d'you say?" 

"Okay, I'm in," I smiled at him. "When do you want to do it, then?" 

"I'd actually really like to know as soon as possible. I could call and set up an appointment for you next week or so, and then we could have the reveal in two weeks? That would give us plenty of time to tell everyone we're having a baby in the first place." 

"You're so cute when you're being all excited," I said, grinning. "But yeah, we'll do it in two weeks. And just imagine what it'll be like when we know if we're having a boy or a girl! We could start picking out the name, we can decorate the nursery, and we can buy clothes!" 

"God I can't wait," Harry said. "I'm really excited to see George's reaction as well, though. I wonder if he'll be happy if it's a girl." 

"I think he will. I mean, he might not be happy at first, but he'll get used to the idea of a little sister and eventually he'll be very excited," I replied. "I think he'll be the one cheering loudest if it's a boy, though." 

"As long as it's a healthy and happy baby, I don't care what gender it is," Harry smiled. "These next six months can't go by fast enough. I want the baby to be here already." 

"Me too," I said. "At least you don't have to give birth. That shit hurts." 

Harry chuckled and kissed the back of my hand. "I'll let you squeeze my hand as hard as you want, and you can yell at me all you want. I'm gonna be double as supportive as a normal father, as I missed George's birth. I promise you, babe, this time I'm gonna do everything I can to make sure you have a completely enjoyable pregnancy and I won't ever leave your side." 

------------

hope you like this :)) comment if you think it's a boy or a girl!

- m i a h.