3 // fake.

3 // fake.

it wasn't until he met daisy that calum realised how lonely he really was. he finally saw things from her point of view. it wasn't hard to see it, with her by his side.

he thought everyone he knew were his friends. but looking back on it, he knew that they truly wanted nothing to do with him. they were friends with him because he was popular, he was popular because they were friends with him.

but now their evasion of him made everything clear. one day that he relived in vivid detail, was a day that he spent with his 'so-called' friends.

one of them was stealing from a shop, pushing food into their jacket, and looking around shiftily. calum was sitting on one of the displays, his knees apart and ankles together.

at this, he stood up, tapping his friend on the back. his friend spun around, scared, and then relieved upon seeing it was calum. "come on, cal. grab something." his friend urged, and the other one stuffed a packet of crisps into their jacket pocket.

calum shook his head. "put them back." the friend laughed at him. both of them did. then they continued to take. calum felt his legs shake. "put. them. back. this is wrong."

"oh yeah? what are you going to do?" the friend taunted. calum clenched his fist.

"friendly reminder that the clerk is less than a few metres away. there's nothing stopping me from bringing them over." calum threatened.

the friend's smug smile dropped from their face.

they mumbled a few words to the other 'friend' and quickly shoved the food back to the shelf. "let's go," they stood up and left.

after that, calum found that everyone started avoiding him. their smiles were less genuine. they were reluctant to let him go anywhere with them. he was done.

but he didn't need them. he didn't need his fake friends. a real one was worth more.