4 // slap.

4 // slap.

calum hated the façade he'd have to constantly keep up whilst in the public eye.

today, in a tight print tee and skinny jeans, calum walked though the hallway, not glancing or smiling at anyone like he usually did.

when he arrived to his math class, his eyes searched for daisy. he needed to talk to her. but as time passed, and the second bell rang, calum slid into his seat, still eyeing the empty one beside him.

"calum!" he glanced up, almost flinching. the laughter of the class was ringing in his ears. the teacher who called his name crossed her arms, raising an eyebrow.

"i said, have you got the answer to the equation on the board?" she motioned to it, and calum found himself watching it warily. he couldn't make out the numbers or the letters, they were jumbled up.

slowly, his eyes shut, and his chair swung back, crashing to the ground. calum's head was pounding as his mind started to flood with nothingness, and the voices screaming his name subsided.

calum woke up later, a cool cloth on his forehead. he opened his eyes and looked around. he was lying on the infirmary bed, the nurse seemingly with another student.

he lifted up his head, and heard the shooshing of a curtain. he sat up and glanced over to his side, only to be met with a hard slap to the face.