8 // bruises.

"he's awake."

calum opened his eyes to the sound of commotion. he looked up, expecting to see faces, but instead the voice was coming from the other side of the room. calum glanced over, where someone was lying on the ground, covered in cuts and bruises. their eyes were open, and they were breathing, but barely.

it was samuel. did calum do that?

they were still in the classroom. samuel was surrounded by people. but calum was alone. and daisy was nowhere to be seen.

calum got to his feet steadily, and quietly. as he made his way to the door, for a sneaky exit, he heard someone call out. it was the teacher. "hood! where the hell are you going?"

calum ignored him. he was in deep shit anyway. swinging the door open, he walked right out, blocking out the voices behind him.

it was after what seemed like hours of walking that calum found daisy. she was sitting cross legged outside the school building, a smoke between her lips.

"that's bad for you, you know," calum spoke. daisy looked up sharply, and stood up, scared. "calum?"

"i'm not gonna hurt you." calum mumbled, daisy relaxed instantly.

"what happened back there?" daisy stood, one leg scuffing the floor. calum knew she was nervous. and he was the reason why.

"you deserve better than that," calum walked closer to her, until they were close.

daisy shoved him back. "why? why do you have to be the one to decide for me?" she yelled. "you don't know jack shit about me!"

calum didn't say anything. he kept his gaze on the ground, as daisy sighed, and walked away.