Chapter 4 - More Than What Meets The Eye

Saumya instead of sitting on the couch where Rudra sat, asked Anika to scoot. Anika smiled and slid on her seat, closer to him. He looked at her as her as in haste her hand just touched his thigh. She diverted her gaze away. They were already married and knew every inch of each other, but still the sparks!? She exhaled. When would the dinner end? Hopefully before she was roasted by the heat that was now between them.

Omkara, quickly got up and sat beside Rudra. Gauri was a terrible tease. Gauri smirked. Each of the three couples were so lost in battles of their own that they clearly failed to note the other's.

Shivaay had a hard time. Her unintentional touch had put him at the edge. Like his thoughts weren't enough. He kept himself engaged in talking to his brothers. Omkara and Gauri were narrating how they had  met in London. Shivaay was listening but feeling the tension beside him. It was hard not to put his hand on her thighs. When he had simply casually looked down he had noted her torn jeans. He could swear she dressed up this way on purpose. Why should he remain behind? He opened his coats button tossing it backwards, next he loosened his first button of his shirt as naturally as possible. 

Anika paid heed to ever small action. Darn, the man! She started an engaging conversation with Saumya. Looking away was much easier now. Even when they ate, he kept making patterns on the table with his left, while his eyes were on his brothers and Gauri. She gulped. He did it on purpose she knew! This was harder than she had accounted for.

* * *

Anika refused dessert, she was already full. So did Saumya. Few minutes later the latter suggested they go outside and have kulfi, the former couldn't deny.

Shivaay looked at her as she got up to leave.

"See you all outside!" She glanced at his brothers and then Gauri. She knew he was waiting. Let him wait!  She did not turn. He sighed inaudibly, then turning to Rudra asked him to follow them.

"They aren't kids. Beside no one will attack Sumo, and Anika Bhabhi has her ways." Rudra received a glare for saying that. Obeying his brother he left behind them. Gauri smiled at Shivaay then Om. Om gulped, wishing Shivaay had asked him to go with them. 

* * *

Once outside. Rudra offered to drop Anika. There were two cars. One in which the four had come and the other which Shivaay came in. He asked Shivaay for the keys, which he denied. It was then decided Rudra would accompany Shivaay &Anika. While Saumya would accompany Omkara to drop Gauri. Everything was perfect, when Rudra scrambled on to the back seat, leaving Anika to get into the passenger seat beside Shivaay. He smirked. He was still annoyed at her for picking up that call and she on him for being such an angry man. Oh, but how hard he had tried to do what he would have never. He had practically played goofy without caring for his pseudo ego he had around her. She smiled as she turned to pull the belt.

Suddenly, Rudra exclaimed something none of the two caught. He got off the car and walked to the other, after saying he had a few things to tell Gauri he had forgotten. Shivaay smiled and waved pressing the accelerator. She looked confused, was this planned?

The car pulled before her apartment. He looked at her. 

She looked at him. None had anything to say except they didn't want to part. He waited. She waited. No one said anything.