Chapter 20 - Yours Truly

The emotional hurricane came slowly about this time. He pulled apart smiling at her. Uneasiness setting in. "I am sorry for everything. Especially for letting another woman.."

"Shhh.." She said placing her index finger on his lips. Out of the window were her plans to make him pay for all he did. At the moment nothing was important to her than him. She had put him through enough to win her. And he had won her. 

"Let me Anika. Please. " he said wanting to pour his heart out to her. "I can't even tell you, how terrible I feel. " She made him sit and sat beside him holding his hands. Happy in her heart that he was willing to talk.

"I feel terrible for putting you through everything. I was stupid and blind to not see that you had made my family your own. I thought you'd never let me go. I thought you'd come back to me like you always do."

She silently observed him and steadily his words sank. She twitched her lips, thinking momentarily. Then she decided to be honest. "Shivaay.." He looked at her spotting her hesitation.

"I .... I..wasn't. I was not going to leave. I didn't have the courage to leave the life you gave me. Remember.....mom took me away. She asked me to choose myself and not give up, for your sake or family's."

He stared at her in shock. 

"Shivaay you are my weakness... I've never been so weak. I was broken true. I was in pain. I was also angry. I was mad at you. Everything fine, but leaving you...wasn't something I was strong enough to do. I couldn't... Even if wanted to. " she whispered. He stared at her in disbelief mixed with love. 

"Mom asked me to leave if I wanted respect in our relationship. She asked me to leave if I wanted to have an equal respect in our relationship. She spoke my heart out in that few minutes...what I couldn't hear because I was deaf in love. I realised that day she kept her promise of being my mother. " Anika wiped her tears. "She loves you. But she also knows she has spoilt you. At least that's what she thinks she has done. She didn't want me to be another Pinky. Those were her words,Shivaay. " 

Shivaay gaped in shock. He didn't know whether he was cross at his mother or thankful to her. He looked down. The last words were like a bunch of arrows into his heart. His mother was different. But he loved her. Very much. She was loud, animated, sort of like Anika. But he loved her. Perhaps that was the reason why he loved Anika. Like a girl in general always looked for his father's qualities in her man, he unknowing had found his mom's reflection in Anika. He knew only she could love him unconditionally like his mother did, despite all his faults and he was true. 

"Shivaay. "

"I am okay. I just don't know how to express my gratitude to her. " he said suddenly looking back at her.

Anika smiled. "Like mother like son;" she chuckled. 

He took a deep breath. "I wish I drank the juice I would perhaps feel lighter now." He remarked.

She giggled. "So I was right!" 

"You aren't high either, are you?" He asked his smile getting wider. She knew