Chapter 18 - Twisted Twice

"Anika.." 

"Hmm"  she hummed in response, after taking the last sip of the coffee, her eyes fixed at the endless stretch of water. It had been so long, since they had last spent time like this. Sitting on the rocks and looking at the endless stretch of water shining, owing to the stray lights from unknown sources. 

"Can you tell me what's on your mind? Something is bothering you. " he said honestly looking at her. Ever since they had come, there was a strange silence. 

She crushed the empty cup, and walked to the nearest bin. Throwing it she came back. "Let's go home." She said softly, looking at him.

He looked up at her. "You are angry at me again?" 

"No." She said quickly.

"Then?"

"Nothing! "

"We are going no where till you sort out. " he said looking aside, his tone got a little cold. 

"Shivaay once I get a clear picture in my head I will tell you.  I am unsorted right now." She spoke earnestly.

"Tell me then, maybe I can sort it." He said holding her hand.

She looked at him trying hard to not snap. "Do you tell me what's going on? No. I tell you. But there are times when I .."

"Let's go." He said cutting her off. She didn't want to share stuff. Great. Absolutely great. Agreed he made the mistake but she couldn't forever treat him like this. 

"Sit back." She commanded. 

"Let's go." He turned to meet her gaze.  She held his hand to prevent him from walking away. "Can you stop being so hard. I am also trying. If there's anything I am confused about then it has to do with you. Tell me can you still solve it?" She spoke in a single breath. He stared at her.

"You love me so much, and yet act like a obnoxious idiot at times that it leaves me confused. I am unsorted about you. Whether to follow my heart and give myself to you like I did in past or keep the wall of air between us. Yes, I am scared to be hurt again. " she said biting her lips to hold back her tears. 

He immediately cupped her face and hugged her. She pressed her lips into a straight line, keeping herself from crying. She broke apart. "Let's go." She said softly almost like a plead. 

During the entire drive they were silent. She had noticed that he was a little disturbed. He wasn't even sparing an occasional glance at her. 

The evening just passed in a blur. Anika was around with Pinky helping her pack the return gifts for guests. Occasionally, she would look up and around to find him. She and been so straightforward and sort of rude. He just got her angry with the stupid attitude he threw at her. She hated the way she had been treating him in past few days. Yet, he was finding ways to her. Even the last night he didn't try to lure her to love making. He could have, if he wanted, he knew well to. But he didn't. Everything about him was so lovable that the only wrong person now was she herself.