Chapter 7

Right outside the door to Ms. Impa's room Link put Zelda down, thinking about how awkward it would be if he walked into a classroom carrying someone. Even worse, how awkward it would be for the WHOLE CLASS to see him carrying someone. The thought of it alone made him shudder. But, she was Zelda after all. It wouldn't be that bad...

"Well, looks like this is the last stop. Everybody off," Link said in a mock train conductor's voice, putting Zelda down.

Zelda smiled, hesitating for a moment before hugging him. "Thanks, for everything. Well, except for the alcohol that you poured ever so graciously onto my cut. Was that necessary?"

"If you don't want it to get infected then yes, I would say that it is VERY necessary Zelda," he replied, chuckling and hugging back.

"Ahem," a voice called out, making the Hylians jump. "I don't mean to interrupt but, aren't you two supposed to be, um I don't know, inside my classroom?"

Zelda looked up, spotting Ms. Impa who was looming over her and Link.

Well... This is awkward...

"Yes, Ms. Impa, sorry," Zelda said, walking inside.

Zelda sat down in an empty desk by the window, Link sitting in the one next to her.

Now, Ms. Impa didn't like assigned seats but, the moment she saw the pair sitting together she knew it wouldn't be good, academically wise that is. She immediately began scanning the classroom looking for someone to move when her eye landed on a red-haired boy.

"You," she said, looking at the distracted boy.

Ugh, what was his name again... Wait, it reminded me of a bird, a small bird... Gr- Uh... Oh yeah, Grouse... No, that's not right... Um... Gr- Groose, that's it!

The white-haired teacher cleared her throat, looking at the group of boys goofing off in the back of her classroom. When none of them paid her any mind, she grabbed her pointer and hit it against her desk at the front of the classroom.

A loud THWACK rang out in the classroom, causing everyone's heads to turn and look in the direction of where the sound originated.

"That's much better," Ms. Impa said, holding the stick in her hand and walking over to where the boys sat. "Now, Mr. Grouse, I do happen to be very familiar with using a spear so, would you like me to show an example next time you're not paying attention?"

His face slightly flushed as a few of his peers laughed at the nickname.

"As I was saying while you were rudely ignoring me, I'm moving your seat for today. New kid... What's your name," their teacher said, turning to the pair of Hylians sitting together.

"Um, Link."

"Well, Link. You'll be switching seats with my dear friend Groose over here," she said, pausing to look between the two boys. "Well... Go on."

"Tch, not a chance grandma," Groose said, leaning backward in his chair as the boys behind him started laughing.

"Excuse me?!"

"You heard him grandma, or maybe you didn't, hearing aids are kinda expensive these days. Let me help you there, he said 'not a chance grandma'. Did you hear this time?"

Ms. Impa turned on her heel and walked to the front of her classroom, sitting on the edge of her desk. "Due to your incredibly immature behavior, you have just earned two hours of detention for you and your little friends. I hope in that time you'll learn about why my hair is like this since you like to make such a joke of it," she said, pausing and narrowing her eyes so only a sliver of red was shown.